WSU vs. New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Casserilla with a solo homer off the bottom of the scoreboard on an 0-2 pitch. 9-0 Shocks.
    Don’t have any numbers. But anecdotally it seems like X is heating up. Getting his bat hot would help.

Comment

10-0 ass whooping. Where was this yesterday and the day before? Young bucks are for real?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

And this inning isnt over yet!

Comment

Lol Thornhill passed Rodden on the bases and takes away his own grand slam. Weird. Wedge seems pissed.

Comment

On a grandslam how is this even a thing?

Comment

This rule makes no sense.

Comment

This is really effing weird.

Comment

One of you baseball gurus explain this to me when ya have it figured out

Comment

Sawyre Thornhill extends his hitting streak to 18 games with a grand slam that wasn't as he passed Brock Rodden who was waiting to see if the ball cleared the centerfield wall. I think he will be credited with a 2-run single. Thornhill out for passing Rodden and Rodden out for running into the dugout after touching 3rd instead of going home. I guess thinking he had been called out.

So I think it is 12-0. I guess if you are going to have a Keystone Cops moment its best to do that in a blowout win. So a very rare 2-run grand slam double play ends the inning.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2022, 05:00 PM.

Comment

And I was there to witness it!

Is this a potential run rule game, or hard to say since not a conference game?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        Lol Thornhill passed Rodden on the bases and takes away his own grand slam. Weird. Wedge seems pissed.

Comment

I step away for 45 minutes and look at what you guys have wrought.

Shocks somehow manage to turn this one into a game. Shocks will probably hold on for the win but it will not be the feel good win it could have been between the lack of focus baserunning and the continued struggles of the Shocker bullpen.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2022, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            This rule makes no sense.
                            While this situation rarely happens, it does occasionally. I saw it happen last year during a MLB game (not a grand slam) so it’s not just a matter of inexperience. If the lead runner is making sure the fly ball is not caught, and the trailing (HR hitter) hopes to stretch a long fly ball into a triple, and they lose focus, passing each other, prior to the ball going over the fence. The rule states that the two base runners cannot cross paths.

Another different rule that that rarely happens is if a runner touches the next base on a fly ball, and then the ball is caught, they have to back track their steps and re-touch the base on their way back to their original base.
                            Last edited by Shockm; March 20, 2022, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                              If the lead runner is making sure the fly ball is not caught, and the trailing (HR hitter) hopes to stretch a long fly ball into a triple, and they lose focus, passing each other, prior to the ball going over the fence.

So this makes sense, but once the ball is declared a homerun all of that should be moot. Its just rules for the sake of having rules after that point.

Comment

That was the first and hopefully last damnedslam of my life.

Comment

Working...
                                X