No announcement yet.

WSU vs. New Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17 runs won a game last weekend. It would also have a chance to win today too, maybe.

Comment

Brock Rodden does has some pop in his bat for a little guy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I would love to buy what your selling but I think perhaps you are being a bit too optimistic. Need to see some progress in the right direction before buying into any we are a year away prognostications.
        Totally basing that on the level of recruit we are bringing in, especially on the mound. Unless we get hit hard by the draft, this will be a big step up in talent, according to people that I’ve talked to.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Totally basing that on the level of recruit we are bringing in, especially on the mound. Unless we get hit hard by the draft, this will be a big step up in talent, according to people that I’ve talked to.
          Let's hope so. But our track record of recruits living up to their hype has not been very good in general. Not just in baseball. So, while I prefer to be optimistic, I fina it hard to generate much optimism with the way things are going with WSU athletics these days.

Comment

Cameron Bye gets the start in the New Mexico series finale.

Cameron gets off to a good start. Looks like New Mexico has the Wild Thing starting for them. 6 straight balls to open the game. 9 pitches. 8 balls.

Comment

Wedge playing all the young bucks and newbies today.

Stark, Ingram, Tolle, Casserilla have all had great at-bats. Thornhill, not so much.

Comment

The Shocks plate 5 runs on only 2 hits thanks to 4 walks. Seth Stroh topped it off with a 2-run line drive double to the base of the wall right over the left fielders head.

The NM pitcher threw 36 pitches in the inning.

Comment

So what does Cameron Bye do after being spotted the 5-run lead. He walks the first 2 guys he sees in the 2nd. SMH. Your defense can't catch a walk.

Defense? Cameron says I don't need no stinking defense. Interesting half-inning. BB, BB, K, K, BB, K.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2022, 10:44 AM.

Comment

After walking Will Stark on 5 pitches to open the Shocker 2nd and going 2-0 to Brock Rodden the NM pitcher finally threw won down main street which Brock deposited well over the right field fence. Shocks up 7-0. Lobos making a pitching change.

Comment

Have we found a third starter? Is it way too early to say that? Probably.

Comment

Cameron decides to use his defense to good effect the 3rd getting nice plays from Thornhill, Rodden and Tolle in a 9-pitch 1-2-3 inning. A much easier way to get it done.

Comment

Bye gives up no hits but walked seemingly everyone. Wedge looked a bit animated talking to him when he got the hook.

On comes McDonough

Comment

After walking the first two batters in the 4th and giving up a hard line drive right at Ingram in center for out #1 Cameron's day is done. May have been on a pitch count. He was up to 71 pitches I believe.

LJ McDonough comes on in relief. LJ strands the 2 runners and preserves Cameron's 0.00 ERA.

Comment

Chuck Ingram drives one over the centerfield wall for his 3rd hit if the day and an 8-0 Shocker lead.
                              Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 20, 2022, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Casserilla with a solo homer off the bottom of the scoreboard on an 0-2 pitch. 9-0 Shocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X