Shocks vs UTA - Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockitude View Post
    Very, very impressed with the pitching so far. It has carried us, per usual.

The bats are still bothersome, but were doing just enough to get by a very good team this week.

Shocks will be tested with Tulane and Purdue upcoming. Both are receiving poll votes and have nice starts to the seasonTWill we bounce back to reality or will we embrace the opportunity at home?..
    I know it is still pretty early but UTA came into Wichita with a rpi of 33. All of the teams we have played so far except UND and ORU are in the rpi top 50. Tulane currently has a rpi of 81 (which will probably get better over the season) and Purdue has a rpi of 9 (which will definitely get worse over the season). Purdue only has one loss so far.

Our pitching has certainly been very good against some very good competition, hopefully it will continue while our defense and hitting will continue to improve.

Comment

Also for what it is worth, North Dakota went into Lawrence today and beat KU 12-9. So even the worst team on our schedule has a win over Ku.:acne:

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
        The Shox executed today. Gene was also aggressive on the base paths early today. AJ Ladwig had a great first start. Tyler Doggett got the game off to a great start with a hit, a stolen base and then scoring a run.

Kyle got his first game jitters over with and Cale Elam came in and closed out the game easily. Nice 5-1 win by the Shox. The Shox also made some very nice defensive plays.

By the way UTA not only beat Texas 7-5 in Austin they also hammered OU in Norman 10-3. A very nice two game sweep over a good 9-3 team.

Let's keep it going Shox!
        This was a really good game today. I am glad the rain held off.

I was in Dallas last year to see UTA beat WSU twice (technically the second game was in Arlington instead of Dallas, but it is all Dallas to me). It was nice seeing this years Shox turn the table on the Mavericks.

UTA is much better than North Dakota, this was a pair of quality wins.

Comment

Also for what it is worth, North Dakota went into Lawrence today and beat KU 12-9. So even the worst team on our schedule has a win over Ku.:acne:

North Dakota's only games this season have been against WSU and KU. They went 0-4 against WSU (getting trounced in each game) and split with KU (losing 7-4 yesterday and winning 12-9 today).

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
            North Dakota's only games this season have been against WSU and KU. They went 0-4 against WSU (getting trounced in each game) and split with KU (losing 7-4 yesterday and winning 12-9 today).
            I didn't realize that UND hasn't played anyone since they played us (until playing KU twice this week). I doubt if they would have improved that much between their first and second series. It makes me wonder how bad KU must be this year?

Comment

I didn't realize that UND hasn't played anyone since they played us (until playing KU twice this week). I doubt if they would have improved that much between their first and second series. It makes me wonder how bad KU must be this year?

Me too. I am glad to see North Dakota get a win. I kind of feel sorry for those guys. Their home opener isn't until April 27! I can't imagine being on the road until the end of April. That is brutal.

Of Course losing to them at home would be even more brutal.

Comment

Wow April 27 for a home opener. The season is entering the home stretch by then.

UND is like the anti-Texas or anti-LSU. Those teams don't usually leave their home state's until late in the season, UND doesn't get to come home until then.

I don't see how they can keep baseball going under circumstances like that.

Comment

Working...
                X