Shocks vs UTA - Game 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bats have gone to sleep. Bad trend.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Not exactly fooling them.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Not exactly fooling them.
        No, but he got through the inning without any further damage. He no doubt had some nerves.

Good to get that out of the way.

Comment

Harbutz with a 2-out double. Let's see if they pitch to Johnny.

Comment

They did and Johnny almost made them pay for it but lined out to CF on a sliding catch.

Comment

Cale Elam relieves Kyle after a lead off single in the 8th. Cale gets a K and DP groundball to shut down any UTA hopes of a rally.

Wind has shifted to out of the North.

Comment

Nebraska guys making it happen today. Come on, Gillaspie, buddy!

Comment

Cale breezes through the 9th to close out the 5-1 win.

Great job by A.J. and Cale. Kyle was a little shaky but got a chance to shed some nerves.

Defense was very solid today.

Only complaint today perhaps was that the offense shut down after the early damage, but hate to complain too much about a nice win over a decent team.

Good win, Shocks.

Comment

Good win for the Shox. They just need to keep it rolling and build up confidence.

Comment

The Shox executed today. Gene was also aggressive on the base paths early today. AJ Ladwig had a great first start. Tyler Doggett got the game off to a great start with a hit, a stolen base and then scoring a run.

Kyle got his first game jitters over with and Cale Elam came in and closed out the game easily. Nice 5-1 win by the Shox. The Shox also made some very nice defensive plays.

By the way UTA not only beat Texas 7-5 in Austin they also hammered OU in Norman 10-3. A very nice two game sweep over a good 9-3 team.

Let's keep it going Shox!

Comment

Winning with pitching and defense and hitting seems to be coming around just keep it going. A nice week so far.
                        First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

So if they play like this we don't finish in the cellar?

Comment

Very impressed with Ladwig today.3 pitches for strikes and had a little more velocity than I thought he had.I'm going to see how this weekend goes before I start jumping up and down but I'm very pleased with what we did this week so far.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                              Very impressed with Ladwig today.3 pitches for strikes and had a little more velocity than I thought he had.I'm going to see how this weekend goes before I start jumping up and down but I'm very pleased with what we did this week so far.
                              Ladwig has pitched very well in every game he has pitched so far. Of course today was his first as a starter but he appears to be the real deal.

Comment

Very, very impressed with the pitching so far. It has carried us, per usual.

The bats are still bothersome, but were doing just enough to get by a very good team this week.

Shocks will be tested with Tulane and Purdue upcoming. Both are receiving poll votes and have nice starts to the season. Will we bounce back to reality or will we embrace the opportunity at home?..

Comment

Working...
                                X