No announcement yet.

N orth Dakota vs WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what we can take away about our offensive performance over the last 4 games but I am cautiously optimistic, although we'll have to see if the good hitting can be sustained consistently against better pitching.

What I do like about the last 4 games is that the Shocks have not committed an error in the field and that has little to do with the quality of you opponent.

Not sure what they pay Shane but he is definitely earning his money. I hope he gets paid for both the P-B-P work and the Color work for these games he does himself, especially the double dips.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Harley View Post
      Doggett hit in face with pitch. Still down.
      BTW, hope Tyler is not hurt too badly. Has anyone heard any update on his condition?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Not sure what we can take away about our offensive performance over the last 4 games but I am cautiously optimistic, although we'll have to see if the good hitting can be sustained consistently against better pitching.
        I don't think you take anything away from it beyond what it is. Wsu is beating a very bad div 1 team like they should be beaten. You hope this series acts like the Howard series a few years ago when the shox were in funk and gives them some confidence and reminds them why they got a chance to play for wsu and they go out and kick some butt the rest of the way.

Hopefully Doggett is alright.

Comment

Beating any divison 1 team 26-0 in seven innings is pretty awesome. Obviously UND is not a very good baseball team but the Shox are beating them like they should.

The new guys are also getting some good playing time.

Comment

One situation that sticks out to me from yesterday and still concerns me is when in Game 2 we had the bases loaded, no outs (maybe 1), and couldn't knock in a run. Now, were there plenty of opportunities we did capitalize on throughout the day? Of course. I do not want to undermine what certainly could've been good pitching for all 2/3 of an inning for UND either. I just think those are instances in which we have an opportunity to practice situational hitting, particularly when the pressure is not on as it will be at other times this year either against higher quality non-conference opponents and must-win conference ones.

Comment

Doggett has a fracture in his cheek with tiny fracture, but they said it could have been much worse. They expect he will be able to play once the swelling goes down and he will wear a face shield.

Comment

Shox win 16-1 today. Kris Gardner starts and pitches great. Foster Vielock and Cale Elam pitch in relief and also do great. Lots of different players get playing time for the Shox. Gene shows mercy and doesn't even argue a couple of bad calls that went against WSU.

Johnny Coy goes 4 for 5 with 2 HRs and is named Player of the Game.

Comment

Great day at the ballpark. Decent crowd. Saw Garrett and Ben there taking it in.

Gardner can't break a window with his fastball but he's the kind of crafty left hander that has driven us nuts for years. Mixes his pitches and his location well. If the ump gives him corners, he will be a great midweek starter.

Vielock (other than a bone headed fielding play) and Elam had those guys so overmatched it wasn't funny.

I know UND is not good, but the weekend couldn't have come off any better for this young bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Great day at the ballpark. Decent crowd. Saw Garrett and Ben there taking it in.

Gardner can't break a window with his fastball but he's the kind of crafty left hander that has driven us nuts for years. Mixes his pitches and his location well. If the ump gives him corners, he will be a great midweek starter.

Vielock (other than a bone headed fielding play) and Elam had those guys so overmatched it wasn't funny.

I know UND is not good, but the weekend couldn't have come off any better for this young bunch.

Stutz came to a lot of games last year too.

The crowds this weekend were better than I expected. I guess there is a lot of who are willing to freeze our buns off in the cold wind to watch the Shockers pound a way overmatched team.

Comment

I think we'll get a better gauge on this team one week from now.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I think we'll get a better gauge on this team one week from now.
                        Hawaii is now 6 - 3, they did lose 3 of 4 to Oregon but you are right, will be a strong opponent. I'm just not used to seeing Shocker SOS at 260 and their RPI at 231. 3 of 4 or better against Hawaii and we might break 200 in both categories

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          Hawaii is now 6 - 3, they did lose 3 of 4 to Oregon but you are right, will be a strong opponent. I'm just not used to seeing Shocker SOS at 260 and their RPI at 231. 3 of 4 or better against Hawaii and we might break 200 in both categories
                          It is way too early for SOS or rpi to have any meaning whatsoever. In a couple weeks it will begin to take some shape and and in about a month it will start to have some meaning.

At about this same time period in basketball UNI was ranked #1 in rpi. That hasn't panned out very well.
                          Last edited by shox1989; February 27, 2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X