No announcement yet.

2021 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems the links between our 2 programs continue to this day, and probably beyond.

Congrats on top ranking and pitcher of the year. Reminder to Shocker fans that former Shocker Brady Slavens (.300 13 HR 60 RBI) is a big part of the Hogs success this season, as is Cayden Wallace, younger brother of our own Paxton Wallace (.291 12 HR 38 RBI).

Woo Pig Suey.

Comment

Cannot ever bring myself to root for pig sooey. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        It seems the links between our 2 programs continue to this day, and probably beyond.

Congrats on top ranking and pitcher of the year. Reminder to Shocker fans that former Shocker Brady Slavens (.300 13 HR 60 RBI) is a big part of the Hogs success this season, as is Cayden Wallace, younger brother of our own Paxton Wallace (.291 12 HR 38 RBI).

Woo Pig Suey.

Thanks Wu. I think a lot of our fans don't really appreciate the rivalry with Wichita State. I hope Wedge can get y'all back on track and we will see you in the tournament soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post

Thanks Wu. I think a lot of our fans don't really appreciate the rivalry with Wichita State. I hope Wedge can get y'all back on track and we will see you in the tournament soon.
          Unfortunately, it's been too long since we've been relevant. I do believe Eric will restore our once great program. As we know, baseball recruiting is not done during the student's senior year. Eric was hired in June of 2019 and this fall is really his first recruiting class. Time will tell, but I think 2023 will be a big year for our program.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post

While I won't root for the pigs, I do like you Charlie. Class act.

Comment

Woo Pig Suey.
              Amazing what Brady Slavens was able to do in less than a year. He's a good player that made the right move for himself I would say. Good luck to him. I believe that Paxton is able to grad transfer am I right? It would not be shocking to me at all to see him transfer to the Hogs to play with his brother in his native Arkansas. They'll be losing some guys to the draft I believe.

Comment

Good day for the American. East Carolina threw Whisenhunt and held back Gage Williams, built an 8-4 lead after trailing 4-3 and then hung on in the 9th when Norfolk State loaded the bases with just 1 out . 8-5 Pirate win.

As I speculated, someone wouldn’t be happy to see the Bulls as their #4 and that someone was Florida. 5-3 Bulls win.

Comment

Good day for the American. East Carolina threw Whisenhunt and held back Gage Williams, built an 8-4 lead after trailing 4-3 and then hung on in the 9th when Norfolk State loaded the bases with just 1 out . 8-5 Pirate win.

As I speculated, someone wouldn’t be happy to see the Bulls as their #4 and that someone was Florida. 5-3 Bulls win.
                  I really like that Bulls score.

Comment

NM
                    Last edited by Kung Wu; June 5, 2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Great baseball Regional in Columbia; two 4-3 games yesterday and today a good game - Virginia beat Jacksonville 13-8. Jacksonville really helped South Carolina and Old Dominion as they depleted the Virginia pitching available for tomorrow's elimination game. Folks in Columbia very positive regards South Carolina's chances to win this Regional.

Comment

Florida kinda crapped the bed in their regional. Down 19-1 and about to get eliminated.

Comment

Note Dame 26 - UConn 3

ECU 7 - Charlotte 5

USF 6 - Miami 1 in the bottom of the 5th.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2021, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Notre Dame has missed two extra points.

Comment

USF finishes off Miami 10-2 as the two AAC teams continue to get it done.

Comment

Wrong thread
                                Last edited by ShockTalk; June 5, 2021, 10:34 PM. Reason: Wrong thread

Comment

Working...
                                X