No announcement yet.

Eck Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it disturbing that the players had to bring discipline back to the program, the staff should have done this years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by boyshocker View Post
      I find it disturbing that the players had to bring discipline back to the program, the staff should have done this years ago.
      What discipline?

You have players out drunk and driving and almost killing themselves.

Not doing a very good job if you ask me.
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Kung WU,

I apologize for getting snippy with you. Sometimes I get frustrated because I am unable to effectively communicate the message I intend to send.

With that said, IMHO if you are unhappy with the results you have been achieving, something has to change. Really there are only 2 things that can be changed, people and processes. You have some choices to make if you accept that premise.

1. You can change processes. (Accountability is what was identified in the newspaper)
        2. You can change people. (Some on here believe that the coaching staff should be shaken up, I haven't taken a position on that yet!)
        3. You can change people if the people currently involved are unwilling to change the processes, so you can do both.
        4. You can do nothing different.

I am hopeful that the processes/accountability changes permeate throughout the program, from the top down. Everyone should be accountable to their superiors and each other. They owe it to each other and those of us who support them. Once again, we have lost a player to a tragic auto accident, and we have almost lost 2 more due to very poor decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieBallgame View Post
          Kung WU,

I apologize for getting snippy with you. Sometimes I get frustrated because I am unable to effectively communicate the message I intend to send.

With that said, IMHO if you are unhappy with the results you have been achieving, something has to change. Really there are only 2 things that can be changed, people and processes. You have some choices to make if you accept that premise.

1. You can change processes. (Accountability is what was identified in the newspaper)
          2. You can change people. (Some on here believe that the coaching staff should be shaken up, I haven't taken a position on that yet!)
          3. You can change people if the people currently involved are unwilling to change the processes, so you can do both.
          4. You can do nothing different.

I am hopeful that the processes/accountability changes permeate throughout the program, from the top down. Everyone should be accountable to their superiors and each other. They owe it to each other and those of us who support them. Once again, we have lost a player to a tragic auto accident, and we have almost lost 2 more due to very poor decision making.
          No apology needed! You're just passionate about the baseball team, and frustrated to boot! If I knew squat about them I would chime in, but as it is I am just lurking around getting a sense of the program.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

JJ, I couldn't agree with you more. This was a very selfish act by someone who thinks only of himself. This young man should remember that even though he's not from Wichita he does represent not only the University but also this city and the fans. It doesn't only make the team look bad, it makes all of us look bad. But then again it doesn't appear that this kid thinks on the "team" level anyway. Not only is it a lack of discipline it's a lack of character as well. I guess some things you can't teach.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              No apology needed! You're just passionate about the baseball team, and frustrated to boot! If I knew squat about them I would chime in, but as it is I am just lurking around getting a sense of the program.
              GET BACK TO YOUR ROOM YOUNG MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                GET BACK TO YOUR ROOM YOUNG MAN!
                Good point! Back to basketball!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                X