No. 28 Shockers At Tulane for Four-Game Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

His injury is generally a 12-14 month recovery.
    12-14 month or 12-14 week recovery?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

12-14 month or 12-14 week recovery?
      my bad. 12-14 WEEKS It should have said.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Terry, I have concluded you are not well in the head. I can’t even levy a fight against a person that is so out of touch with reality and tone deaf to his or her own postings.

Im sorry the Washington zing has made you come unglued. Nobody responds to you anymore except for me. And now I see why. You just aren’t “there”.

But I too have now seen the light. Enjoy posting with yourself. Goodbye.
        I am devastated! How will I be able to maintain my fandom for Shocker sports without validation from Nabob and his cronies? Is such survival even possible?

Personal history gives me hope; when I was nine years old an elementary school classmate who was a Beaker fan began cursing and name calling on the elementary school playground - grabbed his ball and went home. I survived his outburst. Given I don't have a personal relationship with Nabob or any of his cronies on Shockernet, I should be able to survive this cataclysmic shunning.

Comment

• I've seen the term "Nabob" On Shockernet more than I've ever seen it. I do remember VP Spiro Agnew use the term, but other than that, no one has used it around me until now. So I looked it up and it is a term with a definition. You better watch it. Some one may refer to racism with the term. :)

na·bob
          /ˈnābäb/
          Learn to pronounce
          noun
          HISTORICAL
          1. a Muslim official or governor under the Mogul empire.
            • a person of conspicuous wealth or high status.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
            I've seen the term "Nabob" On Shockernet more than I've ever seen it. I do remember VP Spiro Agnew use the term, but other than that, no one has used it around me until now. So I looked it up and it is a term with a definition. You better watch it. Some one may refer to racism with the term. :)

na·bob
            /ˈnābäb/
            Learn to pronounce
            noun
            HISTORICAL
            1. a Muslim official or governor under the Mogul empire.
              • a person of conspicuous wealth or high status.
            Context Shockm explains why I refer to him as Nabob. You posted (#2054) on the Erik Stevenson thread that you were familiar/liked William Safire in reply to my earlier post (#2051) on that thread that Safire's phrase "Nattering Nabob of Negativity" describes Fever perfectly and recommended he be referred to as Nabob.

By calling him Nabob I utilize Safire's sarcasm by recognizing his prominence (>35,000 posts) on Shockernet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Context Shockm explains why I refer to him as Nabob.
              If you have to explain the "Context" - it means your pet name you have chosen is a fail, which is consistent with your participation in this community.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If you have to explain the "Context" - it means your pet name you have chosen is a fail, which is consistent with your participation in this community.
                An alternate explanation could be that the intellectual level of the relevant readers needs the context to understand the implications of the post.

Comment

An alternate explanation could be that the intellectual level of the relevant readers needs the context to understand the implications of the post.
                  Ah yes, the "I'm smarter than all of you.." explanation. Saw that excuse coming a mile away. Dolt...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Ah yes, the "I'm smarter than all of you.." explanation. Saw that excuse coming a mile away. Dolt...
                    "Dolt" - do you think name calling is a sign of intelligence? Experience informs those who cannot establish the superiority of their position/argument resort to name calling as an escape mechanism - posts on Shockernet by Nabob and you are examples of this tactic.

Comment

"Dolt" - do you think name calling is a sign of intelligence? Experience informs those who cannot establish the superiority of their position/argument resort to name calling as an escape mechanism - posts on Shockernet by Nabob and you are examples of this tactic.
                      Did you just cry about getting called a name in the same breath you've been calling someone else a name?

Dolt.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Did you just cry about getting called a name in the same breath you've been calling someone else a name?

Dolt.
                        Nabob I thought you were ignoring me. Given your demonstrated lack of intelligence I could explain the difference between me renaming you Nabob versus you and your cronies using common vulgar terms in an attempt to demean me. But why go through the exercise as the outcome is extremely doubtful that any of you would benefit from the explanation.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Shocker1976 has GOT to be an engineer, or a retired one. If not that then maybe an accountant, but my spidey senses say engineer.

Comment

Nabob I thought you were ignoring me. Given your demonstrated lack of intelligence I could explain the difference between me renaming you Nabob versus you and your cronies using common vulgar terms in an attempt to demean me. But why go through the exercise as the outcome is extremely doubtful that any of you would benefit from the explanation.
                              I am. Just had to point out one last dumbass case of hypocrisy with Shockernet’s smartest poster.

Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                                Shocker1976 has GOT to be an engineer, or a retired one. If not that then maybe an accountant, but my spidey senses say engineer.
                                Engineering or accounting, he sure was great at figuring out how many wins Washington was gonna have this year.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X