Bracketology 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    It seems like every time in the last 10 years that there was a sign of life and expectations with WSU baseball, it turned the other way and crashed. I’m extremely hopeful that Wedge will not let that happen. Color me shocked that we’re considered a tourney team right now. Maybe it’s the Wedge mystic that’s helping give us some leeway too.
    I agree with this.

I feel like we are only being mentioned because of the Wichita State name.. and I am pleasantly surprised that we carry any cache at all. For this team to be a little relavant nationally.. Makes me hopeful once EW gets this thing really rolling. (Crossing fingers)

Comment

It's not like we are being mentioned in the Top 25. We were mentioned barely in the field of 64 in one publication, and barely out of the field of 64 in another. The 45 preseason ranking may have been a little high, but this is probably more valid. Our league is good enough that it deserves at least two teams in the discussion, and we are as high thus far as anyone else.

Between 60-70 with our current RPI, and a couple of very good wins is probably about right. Maybe the WSU Baseball or Wedge name has a little cache to it, but our RPI isn't far off from these publications rankings. Who knows. Everything could go to hell and we could end up at the bottom of the league again, but our pitching will tell the tale in the end. Right now, our pitching is showing some good signs.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I agree with this.

I feel like we are only being mentioned because of the Wichita State name.. and I am pleasantly surprised that we carry any cache at all. For this team to be a little relavant nationally.. Makes me hopeful once EW gets this thing really rolling. (Crossing fingers)
        Eric Wedge, Eric Wedge, he's our man, if he can't do it, no one can!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

With the sweep, WSU RPI moves up to 45. WSU travels to Tulane which will be an opportunity to further strengthen their RPI with a Q2 opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            With the sweep, WSU RPI moves up to 45. WSU travels to Tulane which will be an opportunity to further strengthen their RPI with a Q2 opponent.
            As of this morning, #43 in Boyd’s World RPI.

An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Sweeps won’t happen often, especially with good teams which Tulane is not a low ranked team. On the road, so we need a 2-2 split or hopefully higher with a 3-1 or sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Sweeps won’t happen often, especially with good teams which Tulane is not a low ranked team. On the road, so we need a 2-2 split or hopefully higher with a 3-1 or sweep.
                3-1 would be fantastic! On the road, in conference, tough team.

Comment

Shox sweep. Book it.

Comment

It is nice to have positive momentum and expectations, heck, reasonable expectations of winning. It has been too long in coming.

Go Shox!
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Are series consisting of four games super common year-in and year-out, or is this the ol' covid-special schedule?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Are series consisting of four games super common year-in and year-out, or is this the ol' covid-special schedule?
                        I am pretty sure it is the “Covid Schedule” in conjunction with no mid week games reduces the chance of exposure.
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Yep. I think it is four game conference series because teams aren't allowed mid-week non conference series. Even though softball can.

Comment

Guys are more fragile than girls

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                              Guys are more fragile than girls
                              Maybe WSU should have all the guys become transgender so they won't be so fragile. Imagine the national recognition and positive press WSU would get.

Comment

Update today from Baseball America.

Updating our projected NCAA Tournament field as we inch closer to Memorial Day Weekend and Selection Monday.

Comment

Working...
                                X