Big news coming for WSU baseball fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Apparently the groundbreaking part is that season ticket holders will still have to buy tickets from the Wind Surge
    That does have the potential to cause something to be broken.

OTOH, HCEW seems to be excited about it.

"To be the first team to play in this stadium is an honor and a privilege," said Wichita State head coach Eric Wedge. "This is fantastic for the city, fantastic for Wichita State and fantastic for the Wind Surge."

That said the build-up and the hype seem a bit over the top. But it will be interesting to see what kind of crowd it will draw and if it does draw a big crowd (it is a Saturday afternoon game) hopefully the Shocks will respond with a good game. That will be the 7th game of the 8 in a row (4 in Houston, 4 in Wichita) that we play with Houston this year.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 16, 2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      Apparently the groundbreaking part is that season ticket holders will still have to buy tickets from the Wind Surge
      That is really dirty.

Comment

I ain’t going outta principle plus the name for the team sucks arse. I will listen at home pass my wind surge in the comfort of my own home. I will be there for the games at Eck.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Earth-shattering...
          At least we have resolved east side earthquake mystery, perhaps seismic life can return to normal.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
            I ain’t going outta principle plus the name for the team sucks arse. I will listen at home pass my wind surge in the comfort of my own home. I will be there for the games at Eck.

Comment

Everyone has moment to take a Stand.

There was the American Revolution, John Brown and Bleeding Kansas, The Civil War, Civil Rights, Abortion, and Riverfront Stadium and The Wind Surge.....................

I'm sure I left a few things out.

In all seriousness though, I think that the momentum that the stadium and baseball team may have had last spring was taken away by the Pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                Everyone has moment to take a Stand.

There was the American Revolution, John Brown and Bleeding Kansas, The Civil War, Civil Rights, Abortion, and Riverfront Stadium and The Wind Surge.....................

I'm sure I left a few things out.

In all seriousness though, I think that the momentum that the stadium and baseball team may have had last spring was taken away by the Pandemic.
                ...and going from AAA to AA which was a classic bait and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

...and going from AAA to AA which was a classic bait and switch.
                  Well in fairness to the Minor League people, they were cut out of these decisions. The reorganization of Minor League Baseball was ALL done by MLB. At least that's how I read it. MLB Teams/Executives used the pandemic to reorganize their business long term, and save money. The Minor Leagues were just along for the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Well in fairness to the Minor League people, they were cut out of these decisions. The reorganization of Minor League Baseball was ALL done by MLB. At least that's how I read it. MLB Teams/Executives used the pandemic to reorganize their business long term, and save money. The Minor Leagues were just along for the ride.
                    I believe you are correct. I wonder what would have happened if the WindSurge and City of Wichita played “hardball” and said no AAA no deal.
                    Think Wichita would have been left out, or do you think a team like the Twins would have swapped St Paul for Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                      plus the name of the team sucks arse.
                      i attended opening night tonight at Riverfront Stadium. I don’t know the long term status of the team, but Riverfront Stadium is top shelf, and I enjoyed myself. As for The team name “Wind Surge” sucking, I want to report that we got off lucky. The team they played tonight was The Amarillo “Sod Poodles.”

These minor league teams have some strange names.

Comment

Love them, Savannah team is the Sand Nats

Comment

Sod Poodles > Wind Surge

MiLB is full of odd names. Most names have either a relevance to the area or are fun/marketable in their oddness. Wind Surge really is neither.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to attending when the Naturals are in town.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think Sod Poodles is a nick-name for prairie dogs.

Comment

Hard to beat this one from minor league hockey, though:

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                Sod Poodles > Wind Surge

MiLB is full of odd names. Most names have either a relevance to the area or are fun/marketable in their oddness. Wind Surge really is neither.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to attending when the Wranglers are in town.
                                FIFY
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X