• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big news coming for WSU baseball fans

Just going off this tweet:

Hmm.

Comment

Based on that statement, it has something to do with playing in the downtown ballpark.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Whatever it is will probably be a let down.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Based on that statement, it has something to do with playing in the downtown ballpark.
          I thought we knew that already? April 10th against Houston.

If that is what it is, their secret wasn’t so secret.

Comment

I mean, if we play a game at the downtown park, it's cool. But major news? Not so sure about that.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Todd Butler has been named manager of the Wind Surge.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I thought we knew that already? April 10th against Houston.

If that is what it is, their secret wasn’t so secret.
                I’m certainly not in the know and I didn’t know that. Has it been formally released? Cuz if it hasn’t, I guarantee you that’s it.

Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I've learned that anytime there's a big buildup and someone claims there will be big news in a few days, it usually ends up being not big news.
                  "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Todd Butler has been named manager of the Wind Surge.
                    Nm

Comment

My guess is that the AAC is moving their Tournament here...

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
                        My guess is that the AAC is moving their Tournament here...
                        That would be nice but I think ShockerFever may have the more likely guess.

Comment

I am positive I heard it from a media outlet either through the university or maybe Shane Dennis. It wasn’t like someone texted me inside info or anything. Now it’s going to drive me nuts until I figure out where I heard it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                            I think you are right. What would be "big" news for WSU fans and Wichita baseball fans?

This begs the questions - why would WSU playing in the downtown ballpark be big news for "baseball fans in Wichita" - are they forbidden to go to Gene Stephenson Stadium to watch baseball?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I think you are right. What would be "big" news for WSU fans and Wichita baseball fans?

This begs the questions - why would WSU playing in the downtown ballpark be big news for "baseball fans in Wichita" - are they forbidden to go to Gene Stephenson Stadium to watch baseball?
                              Eric Wedge has said he wants to play a game or two downtown each year. I think this game would probably christen the new Wichita ballpark and they probably hope that it might be closer for some on that side of town although I’m doubtful that more fans will result from this effort. But it’s fine with me. I’m more driven to see big time winning to return to Shocker country than I care if they play downtown a game or two each year.

Comment

Working...
                              X