No announcement yet.

Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete Campaign Phase II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw this photo recently which is really the only one to date. Doesn't sound like we have given up on the project and currently have a 1 million of the 3.4 needed for the project in the bank. Hopefully we can get this done to help move the program forward because it ain't happening on the field.
    Attached Files

Comment

Unless Charles Koch gets the urge to get his name plastered somewhere at the ball field, I just don't see where the money is going to come from. I'm still buying lottery tickets so there's a chance I guess.

Comment

This project is a must as the new coaching staff is going to want this completed before taking over as it shows further commitment from the University to this program. A top flight candidate isn't going to be impressed with Gene's old office and desk from 1992.

Comment

It'll get done.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
            This project is a must as the new coaching staff is going to want this completed before taking over as it shows further commitment from the University to this program. A top flight candidate isn't going to be impressed with Gene's old office and desk from 1992.
            I'm probably just tired, but did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I'm probably just tired, but did I miss something?
              Please see the Indiana State meltdown thread. Oh, the 2014 & 2015 Baseball w/l records say hi!

Comment

Please see the Indiana State meltdown thread. Oh, the 2014 & 2015 Baseball w/l records say hi!
                I don't like what's going on either, but I'm guessing Butler's going to get another 2 years minimum.

Just wondering what your qualifiers were for a "top flight candidate". Currently, some here are wishing that Hooper would have been hired. Before Butler's hiring, Hooper was my 1st pick, Standiford 2nd. I'm not sure anyone outside of WSU would call either by that description. In fact, Butler was probably much more along those lines including that he was very familiar with the region for recruiting.

Comment

Yeah, our facilities suck.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Yeah, our facilities suck.
                    I am guessing you haven't paid attention to the arms race going on in College Baseball. The Eck is a top 25 facility but is slowly falling behind. Hell, we don't even have the nicest ballpark in the Valley anymore. With that said, Eck stadium has no bearing on us being a terrible squad right now. We suck for a multitude of reasons, but facilities aren't one of them. Hopefully we can get this project completed before any coaching changes are made though. Who knows, hopefully Butler can right the ship...

Comment

Hell, we don't even have the nicest ballpark in the Valley anymore.
                      What in the world are you talking about?

If you are referring to JQH in Springpatch, well that's no more MSU's "home" than TD Ameritrade is Creighton's "home." They are both tenants, not owners, and in MSU's case they are very much a subservient, secondary tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                        What in the world are you talking about?

If you are referring to JQH in Springpatch, well that's no more MSU's "home" than TD Ameritrade is Creighton's "home." They are both tenants, not owners, and in MSU's case they are very much a subservient, secondary tenant.
                        I have heard that Dozer park in Peoria is also nicer than the Eck. It is also a rented facility for Bradley but I am not sure it makes that much difference to the players.

Comment

Working...
                        X