Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete Campaign Phase II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Excellence for the Student-Athlete Campaign Phase II

Does anyone have more information on this project? Do renderings exist in the public sphere or has anyone seen them? I am curious if the additioanl third base seating will be of similar construction to the grandstand or will it be metal bleachers like the first base line. The following information is from goshockers.com

Phase II includes a new third base side home team locker room (lower level) with dressing area, team room, showers/restrooms, satellite athletic training facility and equipment room. The second phase also includes the relocation of WSU’s baseball offices (ground level) and home team dugouts to third base side for convenient access to the new home team locker room and indoor practice facility.

The project also includes the lowering of both dugouts for improved sight lines for players, coaches and fans and additional third baseline seating and concourse area.

My first reaction is that Gene needs to worry about getting into the NCAA post season and not about the facilities.

It will be a cold day in **** when I give more money to the baseball program for this type of expansion.

The dugout fiasco was the fault of the dumba** architect when they designed this new pig of a structure that we have now and could have been easily avoided if they had brought in a firm with a stadium background to consult on the design.
    An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Well you are right on a couple counts but I am still curious what the actual plan is.

Comment

I found this little tid bit from Kansas board of regents website....

3. Project Description and Justification:
        Eck Stadium / Home of Tyler Field are the home facilities utilized by the Wichita State University Intercollegiate
        Athletic Association baseball program. These facilities have been constructed in a series of phased improvements
        over a 30‐year period utilizing primarily private funding and revenues from the Athletic Association. It is planned
        that the proposed Phase V improvements will be constructed as two separate projects, referred to as Part A and Part
        B. Part A provides approximately 29,000 sq. ft. of indoor practice facilities with a full size artificial turf infield. Part B
        requires removal of an existing concession stand, and removal of the existing ticket office and visiting team locker
        room. This will make way for construction of new coaches' offices, home team locker room and support spaces,
        team meeting room, and field level grandstand improvements. The existing home team locker room will become the
        visiting team locker room , and existing coaches' offices will be converted into a ticket office. Part A was completed
        and occupied in December, 2009, and construction of Part B is targeted to begin in FY 2014.

Total cost for plan B is 3,275,400

Go to page 41

Comment

Without the team improving and having regular post-season success again, I don't see a lot of donors getting on board with this if the funds have not already been secured. I think a new, quality coach would have more success raising the funds than Gene at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Without the team improving and having regular post-season success again, I don't see a lot of donors getting on board with this if the funds have not already been secured. I think a new, quality coach would have more success raising the funds than Gene at this time.
            Bingo, Bingo, Bingo give the man a prize.,

The key word is new "quality" coach.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              Bingo, Bingo, Bingo give the man a prize.,

The key word is new "quality" coach.
              Yes, we all agree that it won't happen with the status quo. With that said, has anyone actually seen a rendering or plans?

Comment

No Dinars until a regime change... I am for building a sustainable future not living in the past.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  No Dinars until a regime change... I am for building a sustainable future not living in the past.
                  I would consider giving them 10,000 Dinars.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    I would consider giving them 10,000 Dinars.
                    $8.58 nice :good:
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Bump....due to recent discussion

Comment

Ah this is what I was looking for. Thanks for the bump.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Bump. Anyone know where WSU is with this project?

Maybe with HCTB's recruiting success it will speed up the process. With the second phase completed, it can only help to keep up with recruitment success.
                          The Assman

Comment

I'd be surprised if it happens at this point.Almost no news in years has me believe its a no go.

Comment

Originally posted by tru2thaduce View Post
                              I'd be surprised if it happens at this point.Almost no news in years has me believe its a no go.
                              I believe there were provisions for this in long-term master plan I saw but, of course, no timetable.

Comment

Working...
                              X