• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC Preseason Poll - wsu picked 3rd

1. Msu
    2. CU
    3. Wsu
    4. Indiana st.

This should be a wakeup call for the AD. Best facilities, over payed coaches and the best they are expected to do is 3rd.

Also not a single wsu player on the preseason all-conference team.

Comment

We all know your continuing theme, SB. When it comes to the coaching staff, you sound like Newt Gingrich talking about Romney

Let's hit the snooze button on that wakeup alarm until the season is over. It doesn't matter what's expected nearly as much as what happens when the games are played.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        We all know your continuing theme, SB. When it comes to the coaching staff, you sound like Newt Gingrich talking about Romney

Let's hit the snooze button on that wakeup alarm until the season is over. It doesn't matter what's expected nearly as much as what happens when the games are played.
        You're right of course. However, guys injured, guys coming off injury and players who were just average appears to be what this team is all about this season. I'll go along with you though, perhaps the light bulb has turned on for this team.

Comment

Based upon the returning players, I wouldn't pick the Shox any higher than 3rd either. The Shox spent a good part of 2011 kicking the ball around and struggling at the plate, and many of the core offenders are back. Team BA: .280 Team Fld%: .962. Top 3 hitters: gone. The experienced guys need to show MARKED improvement: Coy, Coughenour, Green, K. Hall, Hege, Lambert, Parker, Bayliff, Harbutz, Halbert, Davidson have all had their moments but no consistency. Otherwise, we will see a new single-season record low for offense at WSU.

The starting pitcher from just 22 of 65 games return to this year's roster from the 2011 Shox, and that includes Matychick who is probably out. Talk about a rebuilding year for the pitching staff. The bullpen is full of wildcards.

All-Everything catcher gone - someone has some big shoes to fill behind the plate.

Same coaching staff returns.

The sunshine pumpers can be optimistic - I'll wait until I see some results on the field before making my NCAA Regional travel plans.

--'85.
          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            I am a wsu baseball fan, not a Gene fan. Sorry you don't like it.

So we should not talk about any wsu baseball news until after the season is over on a wsu baseball message board? That seems a little silly.
            Last edited by SB Shock; February 1, 2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

I am afraid 3 is a little high.

Comment

The good news- Gene, Brent and JT will take home the fattest paychecks in the league once again. Congratulations to them and their financial advisors.

The bad news- We will once again probably miss out on a tournament bid. Attendance will continue to sag, making the inevitable rebuilding job more difficult for a new coach in a few years. Stagnation builds and enthusiasm wanes for the fourth consecutive season.

Comment

Every other team gets at least one player on the preseason all-conference team, except WSU. Wow, typical slap in the face.

The predictions seem about right though.

Kinda forgot that feeling of going to NCAA regional games or at least listening to them on the radio waves. Closer and closer to irrelevance.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm just really glad my two boys, 3 and 7, just like going to games and don't care that much about the score, the W-L record and the conference standings. Think about it, even my 7-year-old has no memory of the Shockers in an NCAA regional game. I don't think he will ever have the memories I do of shouting OMAHA! OMAHA! on a warm, late-May afternoon. That is sad.

Comment

Hopefully the Shockers can use the pre-season Valley poll to play with a chip on their shoulders and prove them wrong.

Comment

I am glad I voted with my feet after Krusty's Oklahoma U-turn. Now I have attended a couple games when given tix and I occasionally listen to the games but it is depressing as hell to see his program floundering in a pool above the abyss.

A change is long, long over due.

Go Shocks!
                        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                          Hopefully the Shockers can use the pre-season Valley poll to play with a chip on their shoulders and prove them wrong.
                          I'm on your side here, but I do undertand the other opinions on here. I look forward to the season, don't underestimate what Billy Hall has brought to the table, with the change of attitude about work and winning. Just a different voice, underdog, that proved that anything can happen in one year, with hard work and attitude. Bench to All-American, proof to the youngsters, that you can step up your game. BTW, same coaching staff was here when he did it too!

Comment

I don't recall the date of the banquet to hand out the "Preseason Prediction Awards".

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                              I am glad I voted with my feet after Krusty's Oklahoma U-turn. Now I have attended a couple games when given tix and I occasionally listen to the games but it is depressing as hell to see his program floundering in a pool above the abyss.

A change is long, long over due.

Go Shocks!
                              That is too bad. You missed a couple of runs to the super regionals. And a great grand slam winning regional victory at Oklahoma State. That one game was one of the best I have ever enjoyed watching 34 years of Shocker baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X