Bohm first AB in the Show; first hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABC View Post
    Does he need a minimum to be considered for Rookie of the Year?
    I couldn't find much on what qualifies, just what disqualifies (number of games played in previous seasons).

I did find an odds board that has the Padres 2B Jake Cronenworth the NL favorite, followed by Marlins P Sixto Sanchez then Alec.

I think they award a Rookie P and field player in each league, so let's compare Alec and Jake

Games Played/PA/AB

Jake 53/188/168
    Alec 43/176/156

BA/OBP/SLG

Jake .292/.362/.488
    Alec .340/.403/.481

2B/3B/HR/RBI

Jake 15/3/4/20
    Alec 10/0/4/23

SB/BB/K

Jake 3/18/29
    Alec 1/16/36

Alec fielded .973 playing mostly 3B (.956 at 3B) while Jake fielded .985 playing mostly 2B (.983 at 2B) and Jake has a much higher WAR which seems a big deal these days, 1.6 vs .6

Comment

I am a big Padres fan and Cronenworth had a big year and is an outstanding player, but I won't be a bit disappointed to see Bohm win it.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I couldn't find much on what qualifies, just what disqualifies (number of games played in previous seasons).

I did find an odds board that has the Padres 2B Jake Cronenworth the NL favorite, followed by Marlins P Sixto Sanchez then Alec.

I think they award a Rookie P and field player in each league, so let's compare Alec and Jake

Games Played/PA/AB

Jake 53/188/168
        Alec 43/176/156

BA/OBP/SLG

Jake .292/.362/.488
        Alec .340/.403/.481

2B/3B/HR/RBI

Jake 15/3/4/20
        Alec 10/0/4/23

SB/BB/K

Jake 3/18/29
        Alec 1/16/36

Alec fielded .973 playing mostly 3B (.956 at 3B) while Jake fielded .985 playing mostly 2B (.983 at 2B) and Jake has a much higher WAR which seems a big deal these days, 1.6 vs .6
        The stats you show are better for Alec. I’m not as familiar with WAR

Comment

I'm assuming everybody's voting for AB every damn day. Pitter patter, let's get at 'er.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thanks for the reminder.

Comment

BBWAA

@officialBBWAA
              2020 NL Jackie Robinson Rookie of the Year finalists Alec Bohm, Phillies Jake Cronenworth, Padres Devin Williams, Brewers Winner announced Nov. 9, 6 p.m. ET on
              @mlbnetwork

Comment

Alec tied for 2nd in the NL Rookie of the year voting including 9 first place votes. The highest finish ever for a former Shocker.

Bohm, from Omaha, ranked first among NL rookies (with a minimum 100 plate appearances) in batting average (.338), on-base percentage (.400), slugging percentage (.481), OPS (.881), hits (54) and RBIs. He joined the Phillies on Aug. 13 on played in 44 games during the pandemic-shortened season.

Comment

Gnome on Bohm...

Comment

Alec is the Phillies nominee for the Roberto Clemente award. That is a pretty big honor, especially for such a young player. You can vote for him on the MLB site. Sorry, I have no idea how to link that from my phone. Congrats to Alec! You make Shocker Nation proud!
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                      Alec is the Phillies nominee for the Roberto Clemente award. That is a pretty big honor, especially for such a young player. You can vote for him on the MLB site. Sorry, I have no idea how to link that from my phone. Congrats to Alec! You make Shocker Nation proud!
                      The Roberto Clemente Award is bestowed annually to the player who best represents the game of Baseball through extraordinary character, community involvement, philanthropy and positive contributions.

Comment

Working...
                      X