2020 Eric Wedge Coaches Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

What does his future classes look like? Are Butler's old commits keeping their previous commitments? Are we filling holes? What's the next couple of classes looking like?
    I don't remember GoShockers ever put out a final list of baseball signees. I remember seeing a release from Jace Kamiska's camp (Pitcher) that he signed. I think that Chuck Ingram (catcher) signed. These will be two guys that we probably have to recruit continually, and wait until the draft to see what happens but as Freshmen, they will both be possible draft picks. Kaminska pitches in the low 90's as an 18 year old and hits with power (sounds a little like a a WSU player from Heights in the glory days), and Ingram is rated as a possible Top 10 Round draftee.

It would be nice if we had a complete list of confirmed recruits and updates on who has de-committed, etc like Shocks2 gives us for basketball but that is a lot of work.

Comment

This will be must-listen radio for me. I liked that a few hells, damns and a bullshit slipped through. I hope they don't try to smooth out those edges. The man is a treasure.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        I would have guessed, and I got the feeling he and Marshall understand one another.
        You haven't lived until you watch those two talk.

I felt very called out when he commented that there were only 50 people in the stands on Sunday. Helping with this is very high on my TODO list.
        I've been to every game except one and I felt that also. Some of you are getting off the effing couch if I personally have to come to your house and pick you up.

Said "the press doesn't know anything" like three straight times before adding "no offense, Mike."
        Hundred percent hilarious.

Comment

I felt very called out when he commented that there were only 50 people in the stands on Sunday. Helping with this is very high on my TODO list.
          He said "buck fifty" -- so 150. Get your facts together or take a walk, we're not a launch angle forum around here anymore. 100 percent.
          Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don't remember GoShockers ever put out a final list of baseball signees. I remember seeing a release from Jace Kamiska's camp (Pitcher) that he signed. I think that Chuck Ingram (catcher) signed. These will be two guys that we probably have to recruit continually, and wait until the draft to see what happens but as Freshmen, they will both be possible draft picks. Kaminska pitches in the low 90's as an 18 year old and hits with power (sounds a little like a a WSU player from Heights in the glory days), and Ingram is rated as a possible Top 10 Round draftee.

It would be nice if we had a complete list of confirmed recruits and updates on who has de-committed, etc like Shocks2 gives us for basketball but that is a lot of work.
            My understanding is that JK's all in, but we still have to fade the draft. Recruiting is ahead of where I expected, but I, completely stupidly, expected nothing. He'll get who he wants, sooner than later.

Comment

Sooner.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

My understanding is that JK's all in, but we still have to fade the draft. Recruiting is ahead of where I expected, but I, completely stupidly, expected nothing. He'll get who he wants, sooner than later.
                No new information on Chuck? We lose Cadena. We probably have one of our catchers returning but we need a top notch prospect back there.

Comment

Is there a reason we lose Cadena?

Comment

Hmm. I thought he was a Senior but he's not. He certainly wouldn't be high on the draft radar so I guess we most likely have him back. He's a solid, smart, catcher who plays good defense but we could use a possible upgrade from another player like Ingram from an offensive standpoint to at least alternate and add some young depth.
                    Last edited by Shockm; March 10, 2020, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      I'll need a link to the replay!!
                      Here you go!

In case anyone hasn't listened yet ;)
                      The Assman

Comment

oh my.. appreciate the candor and him standing up to mike and the media. i have faith that he will be very very successful.

Comment

It is so refreshing to have a "baseball man" in charge.

"It's not your wife. It's not your life. It's baseball." --Eric Wedge

"One-hundred percent."--Eric Wedge

I expect we will discover he has a whole cache of catch phrases.

This isn't going to be easy. Sometimes this isn't going to be fun. It will, however, be effective. Once Wedge and Co. produce D1 results to backup their resumes, players will be in line to come to WSU. Recruits are going to figure out this staff can prepare them for pro ball. Just like the old days.

A young catcher could come to WSU and learn enough to become a great professional player. Again like the old days. Learning the craft from Wedge and Pelfrey would be far more rewarding than toiling in the minors for 2-4 years. I loved his commentary on catchers getting to know the pitchers in every way. It makes a lot of sense. Skip Bertman used to talk about trust between teammates and "pulling the rope". There is nothing more valuable in baseball than catchers being trusted by the pitchers. I think Wedge himself will get a reputation for trust and honesty that will serve the program greatly.

I know I'm all in.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

is ole gene around more with wedge as captain?

Comment

Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                              is ole gene around more with wedge as captain?
                              He has been around a lot the last couple of seasons. That hatchet appears to have been mostly buried, at least publicly.

Comment

I like how he says that he can institute a mindset, but it's up to the players to create a culture.

Comment

Working...
                                X