No announcement yet.

Wichita State vs Arkansas Pine Bluff/K-State - Feb 25,26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those hating on the competition level, buckle up. RPI has KState 25 spots worse than UAPB.

Comment

• Whoa. I didn't know there were 25 spots below UAPB.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

We have to get David and Paxton into the everyday lineup, somehow, someway. But it is nice to have viable options there. Outfield of Gibby, DVV and Cornblum wouldn't bother me. Actually wouldn't mind if Gibby DH'd and we put more speed out there.

I feel like this staff is likely to give guys doing the right thing more chances. Won't surprise me at all to see Cooper Elliot get some chances this weekend.

Haase looked better today. Stumpy is impressive. Foster continues to do his job. Some things to build upon for sure.
        What is the latest prognosis for David and Paxton? BTW, do you know how David broke his hand?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

What is the latest prognosis for David and Paxton? BTW, do you know how David broke his hand?
          I think Mike (or Shane) said on a HBP in an intrasquad. I'm sure Doc can confirm if that's the case.

Comment

• HBP? something-something pitch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              HBP? something-something pitch?
              hit by pitch

Comment

• Wait! High breaking?? Did I win a donut?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

hit by pitch
                  awwww

Comment

• Is "high breaking pitch" even a thing? I totally made that up, didnt I?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Pitched ball against the bat.

DVV is a maybe this weekend. Paxton, I honestly don't know. Lots of moving parts there. We need both of them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        Is "high breaking pitch" even a thing? I totally made that up, didnt I?
                        You'll get there eventually...

Sure, there's a "high breaking pitch"...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• K/BB approaching 3-1. 6 pitchers with ERAs under 1.90 team ERA 2.66. Fielding .979 with all kinds of guys playing out of position and basically no shortstop. I know the competition, but the execution is pretty darned solid so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

You'll get there eventually...

Dude is that real? Backspin causes the ball to break LEFT like that!?!

Comment

• Or is he undercutting that ball somehow?

Comment

• Opponents hitting .160 with 7 extra base hits in 7 games. Stated goal was walks down 50%. So far, down 25%. Hopefully that gets better in the near-term as the 12-spot anomaly(hopefully) in the opener gets spread over more games.

Competition, I get it. Still, probably we should fire Pelfrey, amirite?

Comment

Working...
                                X