X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“We're talking about practice?” :)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

No conclusions from me about the New Era Shockers. We've kept our season tickets in anticipation of this day and I was very happy to see over 3,000 faithful out on Saturday. The Baseball gods handled the weather and we got a taste of what might be.

I'm looking forward to next season and beyond.
      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasn't really expecting any conclusions. Just initial impressions. So far what I have heard and taken from the boxscores is about what I would expect at this point. Perhaps the best thing form yesterday was, as your pointed out, the renewed enthusiasm from Shocker fans. Hopefully, they will have your patience in giving HCEW and crew adequate time to make this happen.

Scrimmage: top 4, Cade Clemons drives one in off the wall. Marsh singles Wallace singles all with 2 out. Munsch struggling.

Comment

Looks like we’re trying out lefties. Hollis Huff on in the bottom of the inning.

Elliot out on a nifty pick up and throw by Wallace. Jack S out looking. Kocis walks. Katzfey flies out but Clemons loses it in the sun. Double. Passed ball doesn’t score Kocis. Not our best inning. AJ singles home 2, out trying for 2nd on a nifty Clemons to Cadena to Roccaforte.

Comment

Troxler pitching. Cadena, Shaver and Roccaforte all ground out. 2 solid plays by AJ at 3rd.

Comment

Minor pitching. Killeen flies out to center. Gibby doubles into the gap. Missed the relay. DVV HBP. Cooper E drives a pitch the other way for a single. Jack drives in one on a flare to right. Maybe should have been caught by Clemons. Kocis triples off the wall. Would have been a tough catch by Slavens. AJ strikes out on a 57mph curve.

Comment

Kouper grounds out to Shaver. Cade grounds out to AJ. Marsh grounds out to 2nd. Troxler kept it down.

Comment

Killeen grounds out to 3rd. Gibby smokes one between ss and 3rd. DVV lines out to left. Hard. Bad stolen base. CE roped one to right that literally hit Cade’s glove. Never saw it in the sun.

Comment

Marley in to pitch. Whoever is doing the music.... rockstar . Wallace lines out to center. Slavens grounds out to 1st. Cadena flies out to left.

Comment

Another lefty Beau Leonards in to pitch. Sigrest Ks. Kocis hits one a mile high to left. Too high. Katzfey out on a bunt attempt. 6-5 final.
                    Last edited by WuDrWu; September 26, 2019, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• ShockTalk
                      ShockTalk commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the play by play Doc.

Comment

Fall World Series, Alumni Weekend Details Announced

Fall World Series Schedule

Game 1 – Saturday, Oct. 12, 1 p.m.
                      Game 2 – Monday, Oct. 14, 1 p.m.
                      Game 3 – Tuesday, Oct. 15, 1 p.m.
                      Game 4 – Friday, Oct. 18, 2 p.m.
                      Game 5 – Saturday, Oct. 19, 2 p.m.

Admission to each game of the Fall World Series is a can of food for the Kansas Food Bank.

The series opener Saturday, Oct. 12, will be held in conjunction with Wichita State Baseball Alumni Weekend.

The weekend is scheduled to begin Friday, Oct 11, at Tallgrass Country Club with the annual Shocker Baseball Alumni Golf Tournament (11 a.m. registration, noon shotgun start), followed by a reception and dinner at Hinkle Law Firm from 6-8 p.m.

Prior to the 1 p.m. first pitch Saturday, there will be tours of the new Phase V addition to Eck Stadium starting at 11 a.m., and a lunch in the All-American Club at noon.

Comment

SB Shock

After reading your post it doesn’t even appear to me that you were at the game. Nebraska did not have even close to 25% of the fans it was closer to the 75 people range out of 3028 which is approx 3% of the people attending the game. When you say David VanV doesn’t have much range have you watched him run or play the outfield? A 6.3 60 and the kid can really run and cover ground. Can Chick at third is a solid player but doesn’t have near the arm Wallace does. If you kept up with any of our players Wallace threw an inning in Chatham and was up to 95 on the mound. I watched him throw his freshman year and hit 97 on the gun. Kid has one of the best arms in the field in college baseball. Pitching will hopefully come around soon because it was been a struggle for the past few years and I think Pelfrey will get them to where they need to be. Your comment on the fans needed to be into the game is correct but that was one of your only correct statements. Your comments make me wonder if you even payed attention to the game.

Comment

It’s true that Wallace has a cannon. At the Nebraska game he had a couple of slowly hit balls that he made charging plays on but had to get rid of them quick against speedy runners, which may be why SB was fooled.

DVV has great speed — but he’s a converted infielder and doesn’t always get the best jumps. Can’t remember if that was the case against NU, but it happened some last season.
                          Last edited by Wuzee; September 28, 2019, 05:58 PM.
                          “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Wuzee that is correct. Nebraska had many poorly hit balls and the runners just ran them out. Hopefully DVV gets more experience out there and can consistently get good jumps on balls hit around him.

Comment

Working...
                            X