No announcement yet.

It's a new era for Shocker baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is from a week ago but I haven't seen it on here yet. I apologize if I missed it.

The play on the field at Eck Stadium looks familiar and so does the roster – almost every important Shocker is back. Seniors Alex Jackson, Tommy Barnhouse and Preston Snavely took advantage of an extra year of eligibility granted after the pandemic canceled most of the 2020 season to return.

Comment

I don't know if any of you baseball fans have been watching the Netflix series "Cobra Kai", but I think Coach Wedge has a lot of Johnny Lawrence in him.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The roster has to be at 36 (I think) by spring. We have 4 Freshman catchers. I would think that it would be paired down to two at the most and/or one may redshirt. I'm sure they like any player who can hit. Do any of the catchers play another position or perhaps be a strong enough hitter that they may experiment with another position? Does anyone which catcher is impressing the coaches most?

Last year, our infield was a light hitting bunch (well actually besides Kocis (mostly DH last year, Cornblum, Gibson, and perhaps Van Vooren, our hitting was not good. I can't imagine that a lineup littered with 250 hitters isn't where Wedge wants to go (although I knows he puts most of his eggs into a pitching and fielding basket). I know they have high hopes for the transfer from St. Louis from Maize. Any other news on fielders/hitters that are impressing coaches most that others know about?

Doc did say that Jace Kaminska, and Cameron Dye have been Freshman Pitchers who have impressed and that Gibson is hitting the snot out of the ball. Anything else?

Comment

Comment

Posting this here as a sort of blast from the past. Former Shocker pitcher Remington Johnson started a podcast and featured Brent on his last episode. When Brent tells stories, you listen!

Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Dynamite D1 Baseball article. If you want good news and a reason to be FIRED up about something Shocker related, take a gander at this (and no, I did not write the article).

Eric Wedge assembled a coaching staff filled with proud former Shockers intent on restoring Wichita State to its former glory. The rebuilding process is off to a great start.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Dynamite D1 Baseball article. If you want good news and a reason to be FIRED up about something Shocker related, take a gander at this (and no, I did not write the article).

https://d1baseball.com/fall-report/f...chita-state-2/

During the program’s glory years, Wichita State gained a reputation for playing with an edge, for being tough — even mean. But the edge was gone, and Wedge was determined to bring it back.
                I didn't make it past this line. It was moist towel time for me. Would like to see a similar story written about how the basketball program is looking to regain their edge...

Comment

https://d1baseball.com/fall-report/f...chita-state-2/

What an article? I’m ready for spring already.

Comment

Eric Wedge assembled a coaching staff filled with proud former Shockers intent on restoring Wichita State to its former glory. The rebuilding process is off to a great start.
                    A really good article but I find it interesting that it didn't mention Van Vooren.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          Update…

Comment

Comment

Anyone going to the 1st Pitch Banquet?
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Yes, I hope it's packed. Celebrating the '82 team and this program is our best shot at high level success and deserves support that's been lacking for a decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X