It's a new era for Shocker baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Can we get rid of the blue seats? Thanks in advance!

Not remove them; replace them with some sort of complimentary color. They're pretty darn old anyway. They pre-date the big addition in 1999.
    Back when we were watching games an eternity ago (a couple weeks) I noticed 75% of the blue seats had their seat numbers missing. Aside from being not aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, a lot of them aren’t even functional. Probably need to shore some of that stuff up if you wanna consider yourself totally “elite”... at least in camera view.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Image result for black and yellow stadium seats
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Image result for black and yellow stadium seats

Comment

No cup holders!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            No cup holders!
            Good point, but make sure they're usable... the ones in Koch suck a big one!

Comment

Just a little comment on seats. That has been discussed many times in recent years. I haven't seen all the details, but suffice it to say that the seat purchases were done piecemeal when installed and while blaming NOBODY for it, this is where you are. There are very few available that are plug and play so to speak. Seats are just manufactured differently today than 20-25 years ago. Replace them all you say? Need about 500 high end commitments to the battery club for more than a couple of years. Everyone agrees it needs to be done. Easier said than done, by a long way.

Comment

Not complining at all. My green seat has done all right by me since it was brand new. If we put more butts in those existing seats then it will be easier to get new seats for those butts. Go Shocks
                Last edited by pogo; March 26, 2020, 07:48 AM.

Comment

posh-seats-850x600.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                    Now we're talkin'...

Comment

Since the green/yellow seats start several feet up, how about putting those seats in for the "field box" zone, along with a low roof? Hell, just enclose and heat it! Oh, wait, have that but also with a retractable roof over the field box zone! Surely we can engineer this...
                      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Can mine be heated and a little massage mechanism engineered into mine?

Comment

I know some people who would pay for seating in the Fahnestock Heating and Air Conditioning 1st Base grandstand with comfort recliners.

Too cold in February, it’s always toasty in here. . Too hot in May, chill out.

Time to go outside (or inside in this case) the box and try to drive fan attendance that is sliding in all sports across the country.

Comment

OK, here is the full game from the 1991 CWS classic against Creighton. It is unlisted on Youtube, with the hope being that it will be less likely to be snagged for any copyright issues. Quality is the best I could do. Enjoy!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                              OK, here is the full game from the 1991 CWS classic against Creighton. It is unlisted on Youtube, with the hope being that it will be less likely to be snagged for any copyright issues. Quality is the best I could do. Enjoy!

Thanks for posting - great game and memories - The Throw!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

Thank you. A few years back there was a seller on EBay that had those style Wichita State uniform tops. I never really dove into Ebay that much so I passed up on it. Would be sweet to have one though.

Comment

Working...
                                X