2019/2020 Coaching Staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
    People always have a very different meaning of 'soon' than I do.
    My wife and I both disagree on what "soon" means, as well...

Comment

• BostonWu
      BostonWu commented
      Editing a comment
      That could be taken a number of different ways

• What if the person still has Shocker ties?
    78-65

Comment

• According to sources, Eric Wedge is expected to announce Mike Sirianni as the Wichita State baseball assistant/lead recruiter tomorrow afternoon. Sirianni is a former WSU volunteer assistant for 3 years who had role in top-5 2015 recruiting class. Current coach at D2 Tarleton.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      According to sources, Eric Wedge is expected to announce Mike Sirianni as the Wichita State baseball assistant/lead recruiter tomorrow afternoon. Sirianni is a former WSU volunteer assistant for 3 years who had role in top-5 2015 recruiting class. Current coach at D2 Tarleton.
      And was with the Indians from 2007-2011.

Comment

• Kung Wu
        Kung Wu commented
        Editing a comment
        While Wedge was coaching them?

• Very interesting.

Load em up. Let's go!

Comment

• Sirianni just took the Tarleton head coaching job on May 23rd. IS he really going to bail on a head job that he just started?

Comment

• Mike Sirianni expected to be announced this afternoon. Taylor Eldridge: Eric Wedge to complete his first WSU baseball staff with standout recruiter: sources

The new Wichita State baseball assistant coach isn’t a former Shocker star player, like many fans expected, but he does have ties with WSU and fits the bill as a top-notch recruiter.

First-year coach Eric Wedge is expected to complete his staff for the 2020 season Thursday afternoon when he announces the addition of Mike Sirianni as assistant coach and recruiting coordinator for Wichita State, multiple sources have told the Eagle.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 27, 2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          The links to the Kansas.com articles seems to be hit or miss today. I had it at one point and now can't access it. I am getting a lot of "this page isn't working" messages.

• NCAABound
          NCAABound commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah Kansas.com has been doing that for me a lot the past couple of days. I've had better luck right clicking and opening the article in a new tab.

• Yet another guy that will endear himself to ShockerNation. Quality individual, insanely hard worker and a guy that is very happy to be back in Wichita. HCEW has put together a staff to compete with anyone, anywhere.

I hope we start having Baseball functions like Basketball and Volleyball do every year. First, because we should, and second, this group will be fun to be around at those events.

Go Shocks!
        Last edited by WuDrWu; June 27, 2019, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• Mike Sirianni has been named the Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator for the Wichita State baseball program, Head Coach Eric Wedge announced June 27.

Go get it done!

Comment

• Mike Sirianni:

"I would like to thank Eric Wedge and the entire Wichita State family for the opportunity to return to Wichita," Sirianni said. "The Shocker baseball program has always been special to me, and the chance to come back to Wichita is something my family and I could not be more thankful for. I am extremely excited to work for Coach Wedge, and alongside Mike Pelfrey and Loren Hibbs. My wife and I could not be more grateful for the opportunity to return to Wichita State."

Comment

• I'd have much rather had Standiford or Hooper, but this is still a solid hire.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                The man passes on information that he has first hand knowledge of and you have some off hand patronizing remark. Seems like you have a “little” envy going. I saw no where in his posts that he was buddies with Phil or Joe just personal comments unlike others that heard it from the wife’s third cousins best friends stylist.
                Thank you Simone
                Nope. Just calling out the BS on the guy #nostradamusfullofcrapola

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude, you need a hobby.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                  Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude... he was right... AGAIN!!!

• Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                I'd have much rather had Standiford or Hooper, but this is still a solid hire.
                The sentimental side of me agrees. It would have been fun to have the "getting the band back together" vibe going on.

It must have been hard to turn down some former WSU brethren, but if he believes on Sirianni over them, that makes me view the move in a positive light.
                The Assman

Comment

• Looks to me like HCEW took the search from his top assistand and recruiting coordinator very seriously. Took his time. Had a number of good options. Made the best choice he could. No doubt Scooter Hibbs opinion on this was a factor as well. Interesting that we ended up with name not previously mentioned as a possibility anywhere that I am aware of. I like that HCEW did not feel totally bound by tradition and the desire of fans and was willing to make his own call. This also tells me Coach Pelhprey must have also made a good impression on HCEW and was just kept around because he was a Shocker Legacy.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                    OregonShocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I also wonder how much Brent K played a role in keeping Pelphrey.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. EW pearly doesn’t know how to make decisions.

• Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Downtown Shocker Brown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My guess is zero.

• Did we win yet?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                    WuDrWu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Feels a little like we have, doesn't it?

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Certainly feels less like losing, anyway. Glad to have the Blip in the rearview mirror.
                Working...
                X