No announcement yet.

2019 NCAA Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was in a restaurant where ESPN was on and saw the end of Creighton's win over Oregon State to knock out the #1 seed homeboys in Corvallis; and I thought to myself, there is absolutely no F way that the Jayboys should be able to put together a stronger baseball program than WSU has.

I realize that Coach Wedge -- doesn't that just sound good? -- has bigger fish to fry than surpassing a non-league opponent from Omaha (the city of tournament teams, apparently, in the noted baseball state of Nebraska), but it will be nice to see WSU move back toward its role that Wedge remembers at the top of the Midwestern heap. And I have little doubt that he'll bring that about.

Comment

Jays score 9 in the last 2 innings to beat Michigan to force title game Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Was in a restaurant where ESPN was on and saw the end of Creighton's win over Oregon State to knock out the #1 seed homeboys in Corvallis; and I thought to myself, there is absolutely no F way that the Jayboys should be able to put together a stronger baseball program than WSU has.

I realize that Coach Wedge -- doesn't that just sound good? -- has bigger fish to fry than surpassing a non-league opponent from Omaha (the city of tournament teams, apparently, in the noted baseball state of Nebraska), but it will be nice to see WSU move back toward its role that Wedge remembers at the top of the Midwestern heap. And I have little doubt that he'll bring that about.
        I agree with everything here. For years under GS we over achieved for a cold weather school and I believe once again we can compete day in and day out with anyone else. I believe HCEW will bring in assistants that will help him move the program upward. Be interesting to see who those people will be

Comment

I wonder who his assistants will be. Will they be alumni from the program or people he has met and or worked with in the majors. He has had to have met or be aware of assistants at the college level. I know Hoopers name has been tossed around here but another name I’ve heard out and about is PJ Forbes. Any traction there or does he need someone actually “In” college baseball

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd like seeing Hooper or Forbes as an assistant, but that also means that they and HCEW have had no college recruiting or coaching experience first hand. If Pelfrey stays on, he's basically in the same boat. Name recognition, WSU connection, and pro experience as players and coaches will help. I'm sure BK and fHCGS will also be of great help, however, they have both been out of touch with the recruiting trails for a while.

Host teams that swept through their regionals: LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Arkansas, Texas Tech, North Carolina & Vanderbilt.

Florida State swept the Athens Regional as a #3 to extend the career of Mike Martin Sr a few more days. Likewise Auburn swept the Atlanta Regional as a #2 and Duke the Morgantown Regional as a #3.

Louisville recovered to beat Illinois State twice, scoring a run in the bottom of the 9th on a 2 out infield single to win their Regional.

Creighton forced a winner take all game vs Michigan later today in Corvalis.

Stanford beat Fresno State last night to force a final game in their regional at Stanford.

UCLA beat Loyola Marymount 6-1 last night to force a deciding game in Los Angeles as well.

UCONN held off Oklahoma State to force a deciding game in Oklahoma City later today.

East Carolina has come all the way through the loser's bracket and beat Campbell today 10-3 to force a deciding game tonight against the Camels.

Comment

Stanford, UCLA, OK State, Michigan and ECU all won. So by my count we have 6 SEC, 4 ACC, 2 Big 12, 2 PAC 12 , and 1 each from AAC and Big 10. Power 6.

Comment

Would have been nice to see UCONN get by OSU. Too bad...

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                UCONN was finally hitting the ball at the end of the season, until this game. This game was more like their norm for most of the season. Really solid pitching, not much hitting.

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post

Comments like these will throw me into a major tizzy; reverting back to a state of spewing BoltSmith permutations until I pollute the entire joint.

Incompetence, malfeasance, and outright treachery all the rank the same in CB's book when it comes to WSU. If you threaten the tradition of one of the great sports at my alma mater, you are an enemy of the state and you're going under the bus...

T

...:cool:

Comment

Working...
              X