#2 CU
    #2 DBU
    #1 Pigs from Ark
    #2 ISUB
    #1 ECU
    #3 ISUR
    #2 UCONN

https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/a...s-through-2019
    Last edited by SB Shock; May 27, 2019, 04:03 PM.

So 3 MVC teams and 3 AAC teams got in?

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
      So 3 MVC teams and 3 AAC teams got in?
      I missed UCONN and added them above. Houston and UCF were last 4 out.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        I think Cincy winning the AAC Tournament dislpaced either Houston or UCF.

Certainly didn't help their cause. UCF has an ELO rating above 3 of the 4 B1G at large teams and wins over North Florida, Florida, Florida State and Miami. I know conferences don't get bids, but it's criminal that the Big10 got a 4th at large before the higher rated AAC got a 3rd. Especially considering the Big10 has no really good team. Just some decent teams and bad teams really.

Comment

• SB Shock
        SB Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        NCAA sorting tool is still RPI. They have adopted the quadrant system from basketball.

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        So does those numbers the committee uses explain Doc's post? Or does my snarky comment?

• SB Shock
        SB Shock commented
        Editing a comment
        Idk, since WSU has not been involved in the conversation for a decade I really didn’t pay much attention to ncaa selection committee.

AAC was close to getting 2 more teams in (which would have put them at 5), but anytime you have RPI in the mid-40s you are at the committee whims. Whether Houston and UCF being left out was fair or not - depends what u want to cherry pick and what warts u want to ignore.

Maybe if WSU is NCAA quality team, that would be enough to push the AAC from being 3 teams to 6?

I couldn’t find out the 2019 NCAA committee members. Only that Ray Tanner was the Committee Chair.

Comment

Until we're back in it I can't manufacture any interest.

Comment

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not nearly interested in the baseball tournament as I am the softball tournament. I always watch the NCAA softball tournament , cant gat into baseball as much unless the Shox are playing. I'll watch bits and pieces though

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
        Until we're back in it I can't manufacture any interest.
        +1

Comment

For those interested, Cincinnati just upset the #16 national seed and defending national champs Oregon State by a score of 7-6. They play Michigan on Saturday for a chance to advance to the regional final.

Comment

And Michigan beat Creighton there so #1 OSU and #2 CU in the elimination game and #4 Cincinnati vs #3 Michigan in the winners bracket.

UCONN got death by paper cut in the 3rd, squandering a 4-1 lead, came out trailing 5-4 and limped to an 8-5 loss vs Nebraska. That they could only muster 5 runs with 19 hits had a lot to do with hitting into 4 double plays. The Huskies get Harvard while Nebraska an old Big 8 battle against Okie State.

ECU was rained out. Lot's of baseball over the next 2 days in Greenville.

The Valley had a great day. Illinois State, led by their first year coach Steve Holm who will be named in almost every head coaching search this summer, beat Indiana 8-7. Hoosiers took a 2-0 lead after 1 before ISU took control and led 7-2 into the bottom of the 7th when the wheels feel off. IU scored 5 courtesy of 4 walks, 1 HBP and an infield single. ISU however scored the game winner in the top of the 8th. Redbirds will face #1 Louisville who after falling behind 3-0 managed to beat UIC 5-3.

DBU never trailed in beating Florida 11-8 and will get Texas Tech who hammered Army 11-2.

Indiana State held off McNeese State 6-5 and will get #1 Vanderbilt who pummeled Ohio State 8-2.

The American was 1-1 (again, ECU was rained out), MVC 3-0, Big 12 4-1, massively over-represented B1G 2-3, Conference of underachievers (PAC12) 2-3 which included UCLA's unstunning comeback 5-2 win over Omaha, SEC 6-3 (6 hosts all won) and the MAC was 1-0 with CMU scratching out a run in the top of the 9th to beat Miamah 6-5. That was the ACC's only loss out of 7 games played, with NC State rained out.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
              Awesome Sauce Malone commented
              Editing a comment
              I caught the replay if O St and Vandy this morning. Brutal. Could t help but think however how much better those freshman they kept running out there are going to be.

Was in a restaurant where ESPN was on and saw the end of Creighton's win over Oregon State to knock out the #1 seed homeboys in Corvallis; and I thought to myself, there is absolutely no F way the Jayboys should be able to put together a stronger baseball program than WSU has.

I realize that Coach Wedge -- doesn't that just sound good? -- has bigger fish to fry than surpassing a non-league opponent from Omaha (the city of tournament teams, apparently, in the noted baseball state of Nebraska), but it will be nice to see WSU move back toward its role that Wedge remembers at the top of the Midwestern heap. And I have little doubt that he'll make it happen.

Comment

Bad day for the American. Cincinnati gets hammered by an average at best Michigan club 10-4 and will play Creighton in an elimination game today. The winner must beat the Maize and Blue twice to advance.

UCONN stayed alive by hammering Harvard but now must beat Nebraska who blew a 5-2 lead vs Okie State when the Pokes struck for 4 in the top of the 9th, all with 2 out, including the game winning 3 run HR.

ECU continued their late season swoon, losing to Quinnipiac 5-4. They have to face NC State now, who lost to Campbell. Quinnipiac vs Campbell in the winners bracket. Everyone had that, yes?

The PAC12 continues to un-impress. Oregon State goes 2nQ at home. Cal is eliminated by Central Conn. LMU beat UCLA 3-2, Fresno State beat Standford 7-2. Only ASU won, beating Stony Brook. PAC12 is 3-7 so far with 3 host sites.

Illinois State continues their stellar play defeating host Louisville 4-2. The Redbirds are in the final awaiting the Louisville v Indiana winner.

DBU lost a tough one at Texas Tech 3-2. DBU will have to beat Florida again before having to beat Texas Tech twice to advance.

Indiana State trailed Vanderbilt 4-1 entering the 9th as the home team. Vandy scored 4 more to make it 8-1, game over, right? In the bottom of the 9th, ISUb put the first 6 on, 8-5, tying run at the plate and NOBODY out. But a strikeout on a borderline at best 2-2 count and then a double play ended the Sycamore comeback.

BIg 12 is 7-3 with all 5 teams still alive. SEC is 16-4, all 10 teams still alive with Miss, Miss St, Auburn, LSU, Ark and Vandy awaiting their next opponent in the winner's bracket final and Florida, Georgia, Tennessee & TA&M playing elimination games.

2 regionals had 4 vs 3 winners bracket games....Cincinnati v Michigan & Campbell v Quinnipiac while Illinois State, Loyola Marymount, Duke, Florida State and Fresno State, all 3 seeds, are in their respective finals.
              Last edited by WuDrWu; June 2, 2019, 10:09 AM. Reason: Corrected that ISUr is a 3 and not 4 seed as originally thought. Just couldn't fathom the dirty birds were anything but a 4.

Comment

Fast facts: Shocks were 6-14 against the final 49 teams still kicking as of this morning and handed Creighton 40% of their road losses on the year (they were 22-5 on the road this season).

Comment

FYI, Illinois State is a 3 seed.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

This Liberty/Tennessee game is insane

Comment

UConn eliminates Nebraska 16-1 in OKC. Need to beat Okie State twice.

DBU scores 9 in the 4th and hangs on for dear life to eliminate Florida in Lubbock. DBU needs to beat Texas Tech twice.

Indiana State eliminates Ohio State 10-5 in Nashville. They need to beat Vandy twice.

ECU eliminates NC State 9-2. Awaiting the loser of the Quinnipiac - Campbell game.
                      Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 2, 2019, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X