• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
    Please lose today. Thanks!
    WSU is destined to win.....sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Fine, but I'm gonna call Boatslip and convince him to give Butler a lifetime contract.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

To answer your question, yes. When we hosted the MVC in 2015, we won the tournament opener. Sam Hilliard had a go-ahead bomb in the 8th to beat the Redbirds. Lost the winner bracket game against Missouri State. Beat whomever to get another shot against the Bears (having to beat them twice to advance)...played them tough but ultimately lost again.

Better statement for what you are trying to say is that we have not won the first two games of a conference tournament with Todd as the coach.
        Thanks WS16. I was at that tournament too. That Hillard bomb to sink the Redturds was top-notch.

So the answer is once.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

You smoking reef again?

Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

To answer your question, yes. When we hosted the MVC in 2015, we won the tournament opener. Sam Hilliard had a go-ahead bomb in the 8th to beat the Redbirds. Lost the winner bracket game against Missouri State. Beat whomever to get another shot against the Bears (having to beat them twice to advance)...played them tough but ultimately lost again.

Better statement for what you are trying to say is that we have not won the first two games of a conference tournament with Todd as the coach.
            To be exact Butler won the conference Tournament in 2003 as the coach at McNeese Sates and won two games in both 2014 and 2015.

Comment

Barnhouse will be on the bump for the Shockers. He was questionable a few days ago with back spasms.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                Barnhouse will be on the bump for the Shockers. He was questionable a few days ago with back spasms.
                Had back spasms many years ago and it was one of the most painful things I have had to endure. Barnhouse's spasms must have been relatively minor or he is a heckuva a lot tougher than I am. The latter no doubt is the case if he had those just a few days back. Of course, treatments and medicines have greatly advanced over that time as well plus I did not have access to a professional athletic trainer either.

In any case, I am somewhat surprised the Shocks aren't going with Liam Eddy.

As anticipated Mason Feole on the bump for UConn.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 23, 2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Wuzee
                  Wuzee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Me too. He must've thrown without pain yesterday after shutting it down in his off-day bully on Tuesday.

Shocks getting their first threat going in the 2nd inning. Bases loaded, one out. VanVooren up.

Comment

Not looking good for UConn. WSU fans are all too familiar with the ultimate results when pitchers can't find the strike zone.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

VanVooren thought he got hit by pitch. No call. Umps review but don't overturn. Then on the next pitch, at 3-2, hits a 2-RBI single. 2-1 Shocks.

Comment

Ritter just misses a 3-run homer, but settles for a 2-run double. 4-1 Shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You smoking reef again?
                        WSU is leading 4-1.

For some a dream is coming true, for some it is a nightmare unfolding.

Comment

• RoyalShock
                          RoyalShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I want to see a coaching change, but I just can't root for the Shocks to lose.

Mean Gene is in the AAC broadcast booth.

Comment

• DUShock
                          DUShock commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Coach did good (not that he needs my approval). His support for the program warms the heart, and makes me proud to be a Shocker.

Go Shox!

Barnhouse comes off the mound. His back, I presume.

Comment

Pitching is struggling so far today. Come guys keep it together...
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                          X