Day of Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear God - make it end today.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
      Dear God - make it end today.
      Well, it's tied 3 all going to the top of the 9th.

Comment

LOL!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          It is D-Day or will Eisenhower delay the operation?
          Operation cancelled

Comment

Operation cancelled
            Cancelled? lol because they made the conference tournament as the 8 seed, eking out a series win over the last place team?

Nothing is canceled, just delayed. Gives Boatright 5 more days to clean his carpets.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Cancelled? lol because they made the conference tournament as the 8 seed, eking out a series win over the last place team?

Nothing is canceled, just delayed. Gives Boatright 5 more days to clean his carpets.
              I heard the threshhold was WSU had to make the AAC tournament.

Comment

You’re kidding, right? Earning 8th place in a 9 team conference in Y6 of a 7 year deal?

lolol

EDIT:

I think Butler has absolutely GOT to be one hell of a salesman:

1. Got the WSU job in the first place when his resume screamed loser, in the capacity of a head coach.

2. Has done shockingly well on the recruiting trail.

3. Somehow keeps his job in spite of boatloads of post-2014 empirical evidence related to point #1.

Dude could sell ice to an Eskimo, he just apparently can’t seem to distinguish between his arse and a hole in the ground when it comes to being... you know... a coach.
                Last edited by SHOCKvalue; May 18, 2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

You’re kidding, right? Earning 8th place in a 9 team conference in Y6 of a 7 year deal?

lolol
                  I hope so...but like you said he can sell ice to eskimo so they are probably inking the contract extension right now.

Comment

If that asinine, ridiculous, low-major statement is true, then we are all f***** going forward with WSU athletics or until this clown gets axed.

What does it take to get an athletic director ousted? Without a sitting president?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope so...but like you said he can sell ice to eskimo so they are probably inking the contract extension right now.
                      Is Boatright the Eskimo or the ice?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

There is no way he deserves an extension. He might stay one more year due to monetary belt tightening, and that in itself would be a damn shame.
                        Performance is flat ( and underachieving ), attendance is down, fans want him out (except for his koolaid drinking pals)
                        All those former players donating all that money for phase V will slap the Boat all the way back to the Gene era if Butler is granted an extension.

Comment

• Shocker85
                          Shocker85 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Nothing about extension. The simple truth is he has that one year left on his aberation of a contract. "Do the right thing" must happen now.

Heard the same...made me sick. We will now have a lame duck coach all next season.

Comment

How pathetic is it to be celebrating an 8 seed in our conference tournament, only because the Shox took 2 of 3 in the last weekend?

This baseball team has fallen so far into the gutter that I'm not sure the damage can ever be undone. While there are a lot of people we can blame for that, I think the big 3 have to be Sexton, Boatright, and Butler himself.

I mean...I know high school coaches, even youth coaches that can coach circles around Butler. I would just like to know who he is sucking off in the athletic office to have kept his job this long, or to have even been hired in the first place.

Comment

So if these rumors are true that HCTB will be allowed to finish the final year of his contract (apparently without being extended) what are we to make of that?

The easy explanation is that ADDB is an idiot and needs to go. Maybe that's true but it rings of an emotional reaction similar to the anti-Trump fervor from the left.

My concern is that if they let him finish without extending him that may be a sign that the financial situation for the athletic department is not very good.

OTOH some argue that keeping HCTB is more costly than getting rid of him. Whether or that is true over the next year is hard to say. Longer term that is probably true.

Now if they keep him and extend him they are sending a much different message.

At this point I am taking these rumors with a very large grain of salt but I don't totally discount them.

Keeping and extending seems to me to be a be a bet the program move and not one that is supported by real world results and performance.

If they keep him and don't extend him I guess that things can't get a whole lot worse than they are now but I have to admit such a decision would not make much sense to me.

If they do terminate HCTB we should know that pretty quickly. If not there is a good chance we won't hear anything.

Comment

Who do you guys think would be your top target to replace him?

Comment

• WstateU
                                WstateU commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I’m thinking cousin Eddie at this point...
                            Working...
                            X