Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WuShock16
    commented on 's reply
    Again, I get it. Todd won’t be filing for unemployment. He’ll have a nice salary from WSU and/or a good assistant job somewhere. He doesn’t need my pity. These coaches know what they are getting into.

Side note: not that you care, but my job situation is stable now. I had some issues a couple years ago that were pretty frustrating but all is well now.

• shockerfanmas
    commented on 's reply
    The only thing Todd did right was bring in good talent. Beyond that he was awful. And I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy who could make 10 times as much sitting on his ass next season as some of us do working a legit 40 hour work week.

While you have my condolences on your recent job loss, your situation and Todd Butlers situation are quite different

• Kung Wu
    replied
    If wikipedia is right, he 51.38% failed.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    I’ll start by saying that a coaching change needs to happen. Let me repeat. A coaching change needs to happen. One more time in case I’m accused of being a Todd apologist...A COACHING CHANGE NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

That said, you can support a change being made with the coaching staff without being an absolute jackass about it.

Look, I get it. When you are a highly-paid college coach in a major sport, there are high expectations to keep your job. I guess I just don’t understand fans taking glee in someone losing their job. Todd seemingly did a lot of things right...except for the main thing of winning a sufficient amount of games.

Again, refer to first part of post. A change needs to happen. I knew that Gene needed to go but wasn’t shooting off fireworks when it happened. Same with other coaching firings for my other favorite teams. Especially since I’ve recently experienced the feeling of job loss (different circumstances but same emotion), that’s just not something I celebrate.

Oh, and one more thing. I don’t give a flip if it’s 45 degrees and drizzly. There’d better be 5,000 people at Opening Day next year with the way some people talk about our great WSU fanbase supporting a winner. Of course, I know it won’t happen but my point still stands.

End rant.
    Todd Butler has $2 million sitting in his bank account while 100% failing on the job. I think he’ll be just fine figuring out what to do next on the unemployment line. The real issue with so much animosity is the length in which this thing kept going with zero positive results. Good for him for swindling that in-over-his-head Sexton to a sweet ass deal with zero risk or downside. The fanbase, on the other hand, not so thrilled.

We’re not used to firings at Wichita State. But this should’ve been done years ago and because of our flighty AD, there was still doubt (as hard as it is to comprehend) whether he was gonna get axed this year. So there is a lot of relief around here now that it has happened.

Leave a comment:

• C0|dB|00ded
    replied
    It's going to be a while before we feel any kind of redemption. I cannot believe Mini-B has been at Wichita State for 6 ****ing years. What a horrific blemish on a sterling athletic program.

T

...:cool:

Leave a comment:

• WuShock16
    replied
    I’ll start by saying that a coaching change needs to happen. Let me repeat. A coaching change needs to happen. One more time in case I’m accused of being a Todd apologist...A COACHING CHANGE NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

That said, you can support a change being made with the coaching staff without being an absolute jackass about it.

Look, I get it. When you are a highly-paid college coach in a major sport, there are high expectations to keep your job. I guess I just don’t understand fans taking glee in someone losing their job. Todd seemingly did a lot of things right...except for the main thing of winning a sufficient amount of games.

Again, refer to first part of post. A change needs to happen. I knew that Gene needed to go but wasn’t shooting off fireworks when it happened. Same with other coaching firings for my other favorite teams. Especially since I’ve recently experienced the feeling of job loss (different circumstances but same emotion), that’s just not something I celebrate.

Oh, and one more thing. I don’t give a flip if it’s 45 degrees and drizzly. There’d better be 5,000 people at Opening Day next year with the way some people talk about our great WSU fanbase supporting a winner. Of course, I know it won’t happen but my point still stands.

End rant.

Leave a comment:

• shockfan89_
    replied
    Good call on this thread. Thank god!

Leave a comment:

• Shockerman
    replied
    4 innings and counting now...Gotta respect the young men on the team though. They have laid it on the line for coach Butler's last stand over the last few weeks and area giving Max + effort.
    Last edited by Shockerman; May 25, 2019, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Veritas
    replied
    If Butler isn’t fired due to the monetary impact to the AD, would love to see Gene come back for free to coach for a year, add to his win totals, improve the tarnished image of WSU baseball, break some hands in the handshake line, and stick it to fadES.
    Hell, as crazy as it sounds he just might do it too.
    Regardless, Butler is gone after this season.

Shocker baseball is coming back!!

Leave a comment:

• Wuzee
    replied
    I can’t see anything happening until they’re back in town for awhile, but that’s no reason to worry. There’s just no call for it. He had a more than fair shot and didn’t succeed, but by all accounts he’s a decent man who recruited good kids and ran a clean program. It’s time for him to go, but they won’t and shouldn’t be aggressive in firing him.

Leave a comment:

• Shox The Revenant
    replied
    The minute after the Shockers lose tomorrow, I better see a press release that Butler has been let go. If not, I will begin to worry. I will then expect to see a press release on the day after Memorial Day. If that doesn't happen, then I will really begin to worry as I can't think of one reason to delay this thing.

Leave a comment:

• SHOCKvalue
    commented on 's reply
    What are you going off on?

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    We fired a HOF coach - one of the most well-known in the history of college baseball - a couple of weeks after an NCAA appearance. Five and six years removed from two Super Regional appearances.

Surely we’re not keeping this guy after winning a couple games in the conference tournament, after six years of sitting at home in the post season?
    Boatramp isn’t that dumb. Surely not.

And we’re not even gonna win 2 games in the conference tournament.

Leave a comment:

• BostonWu
    replied
    T minus 1

Leave a comment:

• Shocker85
    commented on 's reply
    This has nothing to do with Stephenson's accomplishments. Nothing. Stupid to even make a comparison.
Working...
X