No announcement yet.

WSU Baseball Resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guarantee you one thing-Eric Wedge would recruit one, if not two, top flight catchers.

Comment

What I wonder is how will the fanbase react if the next coach does NOT have ties to the GS era.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
        What I wonder is how will the fanbase react if the next coach does NOT have ties to the GS era.
        Probably not very favorably although I suppose it depends on the resume of the hire. If they were able to hire someone like a Dan Heefner away from Dallas Baptist I think the fans would be okay with that. I doubt Heefner is interested though. That said i will be a little surprised if they do not hire from within the Shocker family.

Ultimately, though whether they hire from within or from outside the Shocker family, winning consistently will tell the tale on how the fan base reacts over time.

My guess is Wedge will not be a candidate (his decision). Kevin Hooper seems to be the most logical way to go iMHO.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 2, 2019, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Kevin Hooper seems to be the most logical way to go iMHO.
          That seemed to be the logical choice last time as well and we know how that went.

Comment

I was surfing for info on Mark Standiford and came to the realization that he may have been a mini-Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That seemed to be the logical choice last time as well and we know how that went.
              Yes, I recall that:

Comment

Not exactly on topic but though this was kind of neat for Mark Standiford:

Mark Standiford Retweeted Jon Morosi Apr 29

Jacob Webb, the first @MLB player from @TaborCollege in Hillsboro, Kansas, earned his first career save for the @Braves tonight. He was an 18th round draft pick by Atlanta in 2014.
                @MLBNetwork
                Young Mr. Webb looks like he can bring it:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1123043735934128129

Mark Standiford‏ @tcbaseball Apr 14

Baseball is the greatest game ever invented! You have personal trials & success combined with team failures & victories. A player will one day have to adapt these challenges to his life. Blame doesn’t work! Responsibility and self accountability will eventually lead to success!!

I could probably live with giving Mark Standiford a shot at the Shocker job as well.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 2, 2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Is there anyone else from the Shocker family outside of Eric Wedge, Kevin Hooper and Mark Standiford that would be considered a good get? I think P.J. Forbes resigned from his last minor league managerial position in 2015 citing family reasons. I wonder if he would have any interest. Loren Hibbs seems pretty entrenched at UNCC. He is 57 years old. Wedge is 51, Hoop is 42 and Mark is around 54 I think. God that makes me feel old. Hooper is the same age as my youngest daughter. Anyone else?

I think I'm kind of partial to Hoop and Stub because I really like undersized, overlooked over-achievers who have had to overcome a lot of obstacles to bet to where they are.

Hoop is my favorite. He considers Wichita home. He is reputed to be an excellent teacher of he game. And he would be as passionate and charismatic as anyone we could get.

Comment

I was told by member of 89 team that Forbes might be the best candidate.

I bet we could get Hooper and Standiford together. I don't see those two as either or.

Comment

Working...
                    X