• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
    Football is stupid
    Foosball is the devil...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
      Any updates? Somebody needs to take a Thanksgiving day drive over to the hillside and get us out of towners some pics.
      I'll see what I can do. Brent's Twitter account usually is a good place to get regular updates. They are still expecting to be done in 28 days.

Comment

Comment

I don't know how many of you have seen the old locker room but to say we needed an upgrade is a huge understatement. In fact, I really hope a few dollars have been set aside to update what will now be the visitors locker room and dugout because it needs a ton of work. TBH, a little embarrassing.

But this area is completely top notch. A little behind schedule, but top notch.

Comment

I would imagine it needs some work but at one time it was one of the nicest ever for a college team. Probably wouldn't want to see it because it would make me sad to see how far the facilities had fallen. A side note...I'm so glad our Track and CC Teams will have new facilities soon as well.

Comment

Correct on all points. It's a sobering example of how a program that doesn't move ahead falls behind. What used to be a huge selling point against almost everyone in the country, recruiting-wise lately could beat some of the Valley at best.

It's another thing that has to be managed properly. If you aren't tearing down and rebuilding, you had better spend money on upkeep and restoring.

Comment

And as we both know it takes money to do those things/ And what brings in the money? Successful programs and people that are willing to give to a vision.

Comment

Comment

Eck Stadium Upgrades Keep Pace During College Baseball Building Boom

https://www.yurview.com/eck-stadium-..._hsmi=82426919

If there is a college baseball building boom perhaps the NCAA should change their scholarship limits and rules to keep up.

Comment

• I'm all for having way more baseball scholarships available. I don't have a great understanding of the situation, but with Title IX is it possible that making those needed changes would cause big problems for a lot of athletic departments?

Perhaps we should splinter this discussion off elsewhere if others with more knowledge than I are interested in discussing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I'm all for having way more baseball scholarships available. I don't have a great understanding of the situation, but with Title IX is it possible that making those needed changes would cause big problems for a lot of athletic departments?

Perhaps we should splinter this discussion off elsewhere if others with more knowledge than I are interested in discussing.
                        That's a good point. At this point probably not worth much discussion. Perhaps Title IX should be looked at to see if it can be tweaked. I'm all for giving the Ladies opportunities. Unfortunately, it seems like that often comes with a cost to the guys.

Comment

Working...
                        X