Phase V Eck Stadium to Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What ShockBand said....what will it take? Chase has the same mindset as his father. He's going to want others on the hook too.

But again, what will it take? We don't need an 80K stadium, but we need at least a 40-50k WITH 80k amenities. Sky boxes, club boxes, Press boxes etc. You aren't going to make it work without lots of big money donors every year and believe me, they don't want to sit in the cold and rain. I doubt you could do for less that 5k per seat and do it right. 5kX50k is $250M.

Maybe you can talk the city into paying for some of it, but I'd doubt it.

Has anyone looked at GoShockers lately and looked at the financial statements? $29.8M in total program expenses last year. What do you think with football (and the addition of TitleIX female sports)? $40M at least? Probably $45M. Maybe I'm looking at something wrong though.
    I got title 9 figured out. We'll just field a "men's" football team full of transgenders. Wait. What? You're going to challenge me on that? I didn't think so...

T

Comment

I'm not saying I'm against any of this, but I do want to point out how terrible the surrounding neighborhood is around Cessna. In conjunction to a stadium rebuild, there needs to be serious consideration given to purchasing homes / land around WSU (13th to 17th comes to mind). How do ya'll feel about having the stadium build downtown / somewhere not on campus? Cold brings up KSTATE, and as a fan that goes to multiple games a year up in Manhattan, what they have up there couldn't even come close to being replicated in Wichita. We don't have the land. We don't have the surrounding area... but you could if the stadium is built out by the satellite campus by 96 or Andover...

Just a thought!

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
        I'm not saying I'm against any of this, but I do want to point out how terrible the surrounding neighborhood is around Cessna. In conjunction to a stadium rebuild, there needs to be serious consideration given to purchasing homes / land around WSU (13th to 17th comes to mind). How do ya'll feel about having the stadium build downtown / somewhere not on campus? Cold brings up KSTATE, and as a fan that goes to multiple games a year up in Manhattan, what they have up there couldn't even come close to being replicated in Wichita. We don't have the land. We don't have the surrounding area... but you could if the stadium is built out by the satellite campus by 96 or Andover...

Just a thought!
        I've seen the future and you'll need shades.
        The new Charles Koch Family Stadium will be built directly across K-96 from Koch Industries; it's the perfect location within walking distance of the main campus. It will be a 50K stadium with all the amenities WuDrWu mentions above. Also, book your tickets to the 2021 Final Four and don't be surprised if you're a year too late. I'm just sayin'...

"People will come Ray, people will come"

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I've seen the future and you'll need shades.
          The new Charles Koch Family Stadium will be built directly across K-96 from Koch Industries; it's the perfect location within walking distance of the main campus. It will be a 50K stadium with all the amenities WuDrWu mentions above. Also, book your tickets to the 2021 Final Four and don't be surprised if you're a year too late. I'm just sayin'...

"People will come Ray, people will come"

You have any beans you're selling, too?

Comment

What's more important, having a 2nd tier football program or Gregg Marshall? I'm telling you, should Wichita State actually figure out how to pay for a football program (I don't doubt for a moment the resources are there in Wichita to do so), Gregg will finally take up the offer to roll to one of those schools that has been offering big bucks for his services. He's made it pretty clear that one of the things that keeps him in Wichita is the lack of competition and how that impacts his program and the student-athletes that embrace his program. Not only that, but when they figure out how to structure pay and endorsements for college athletes, those additional student athletes on the football program will be competing with the basketball players for local endorsement deals.

We all know Gregg won't coach at Wichita State forever, but why rush his departure?

Comment

My apologies for breaking up the Phase V Eck Stadium fantasy football thread here is a Brent Kemnitz video of a short walk through of the Phase V Eck Stadium work

Making progress. I hope looking at all that sheetrock taping and mudding doesn't give me nightmares.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    Looks like freshly mowed grass...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Looks like freshly mowed grass...
                      IMO this looks very similar to Andover Centrals turf which was one of the nicest fields I've set eyes on in the past couple of years.

Comment

Comment

Stoked to be setting my usual row 1, seat 1 3rd base line seat to cheer on the next chapter of Shocker baseball!

Go Shox!
                          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

You have any beans you're selling, too?
                            Wichita and WSU have the resources to start a football team. They just don't want it. If you don't see the irony of KU always having one of the worst football programs in the country and WSU not even having a football team then you need to layoff the sauce

Comment

Any updates? Somebody needs to take a Thanksgiving day drive over to the hillside and get us out of towners some pics.

Comment

Football is stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X