Phase V Eck Stadium to Begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase V Eck Stadium to Begin

Phase V set to start at the end of this month with completion prior to the 2020 baseball season
    Dondlinger & Sons are the GC.
    -- 10,000 sf performance facility/locker rooms/media room/offices, player lounge
    -- 3rd base dugout reconstruction
    -- indoor hitting tunnel

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Phase V set to start at the end of this month with completion prior to the 2020 baseball season
    -- 10,000 sf performance facility/locker rooms/media room/offices, player lounge
    -- indoor hitting tunnel
    # Search for new head coach
    That is great news

Comment

Let's just hope it doesn't become a white elephant.. I guess it is a chicken or the egg thing. Hopefully, these improvements will prove valuable into the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        -- indoor hitting tunnel
        Will be a great new addition to a new coaching staff next year. No doubt it'll help attract some good candidates I would think. Let's hope we already have the process started internally and our AD makes a wise decision. Not sure how confident I am though considering his lack of care for the baseball program.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Eric
          Eric commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes. If coaching isn’t addressed then this is just frosting on dog crap.

... we all thought the indoor facility was going to provide positive results...

Comment

• 1972Shocker
          1972Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          The softball team seems to have put it to good use.

• WstateU
          WstateU commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes they have and it starts at the top.

Are we still adding some additional seating along the third base line. If I recall it wasn't going to be a lot but the goal was to balance out the stadium. Haven't heard about that part in years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
          Are we still adding some additional seating along the third base line. If I recall it wasn't going to be a lot but the goal was to balance out the stadium. Haven't heard about that part in years though.
          At the rate we're going, we're gonna have start removing some seating from Eck.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockerman View Post
            Adding seats would be insane. They can't fill the seats they already have. I have been to games where the crowd was maybe a few dozen people. Eck is like a ghost town on game days.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post

Adding seats would be insane. They can't fill the seats they already have. I have been to games where the crowd was maybe a few dozen people. Eck is like a ghost town on game days.
              I think Boatwrong wants to add seats, no for baseball fans, but to use the park as a multi-use facility and have outdoor concerts :)

Comment

PHASE V UNDER CONSTRUCTION - KEMNITZ DETERMINED TO SEE TO THE END

Brent Kemnitz is almost a month into his life on Twitter. He started at Madison Square Garden, posted a picture with Mark Cuban of "Shark Tank" and released a video starring his dog at Starbucks.

Comment

Speaking of stadiums. Anyone seen what Oklahoma State is building. $60 million. O'brate Stadium. Named after a billionaire from Garden City. Looks pretty sweet.

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yikes!

• SB Shock
                    SB Shock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That is a great looking stadium.

• Shox The Revenant
                    Shox The Revenant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anyone want to take bets that their stadium will be better than our triple A? That is a very snazzy stadium

Anyone want to take bets that their stadium will be better than our triple A? That is a very snazzy stadium

Was thinking the same thing.

Comment

40 former Shocker players donated $10,000 each for this project.
                    Impressive.

Comment

...donated at LEAST $10,000. It is very impressive and speaks to Gene's lasting legacy.

Comment

Kudos to Brent Kemnitz for drivng this to the finish line. Hopefully, it does, in fact, prove to be a game changer.

Comment

Working...
                        X