• Show
Clear All

understatement1331432414738.jpg

slow.jpg

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      They say a picture is worth a thousand words. So I am trying to interpret this post. I think I have it.

ShockTalk wants WSU to drop baseball and add sand volleyball and some kind of aquatic sport. Perhaps rowing.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 10, 2019, 09:45 PM.

• ShockTalk
      ShockTalk commented
      Editing a comment
      That's an understatement, if you get my meaning. Hint: I should have quoted you.

Now I know why Mike Steele resigned. He saw the pitching talent on this team and said to himself, "oh hell naw, these pitchers are going to ruin my career. I'm outta here like last year".

Comment

Quit blaming the pitching. This is a good staff and the staff did just as good as the #10 TT staff. In game #1 we allowed 13 hits they allowed 10 hits, #2 it was 16 and 14 and #3 13 and 11 the difference is we can't get the runners around. Yes we give up free passes and except for game #1 the number of passes for each team in games 2 and 3 were a delta of 2 with TT having more BB in game #3. When we start off a inning with a triple and then the next 3 batters strike out that's a major problem. In the dugout the pitchers see this and it causes the pitchers to go out each inning trying to do it all themselves. We don't have the bull pen yet so we have to win the game in the early innings and that is done with getting runners on and hitting them around. OBTW in game #1 the pitcher Snavely struck out 8 of the 26 batters he faced. That's 30% by himself.
      Last edited by Linus; March 10, 2019, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• Awesome Sauce Malone
        Awesome Sauce Malone commented
        Editing a comment
        The pitching staff is so good that the staff ERA is 7.2 with a WHIP approaching 2.

You know what, I'm not doing this. The pitching staff sucks. In fact "Suck" isnt the right word but Im hard pressed to even remotely care enough to be further bothered by it. However, you are not going to come in here and tell people who are way more invested emotionally (some comically so) in this than I am that the pitching staff was on par with Texas Tech's because they gave up equal number of hits.

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
      Now I know why Mike Steele resigned. He saw the pitching talent on this team and said to himself, "oh hell naw, these pitchers are going to ruin my career. I'm outta here like last year".
      He had a lot of these kids last year and they were serviceable.Not great but way better than what we are seeing.I think Steele was undervalued by Butler and Pelfrey is in way over his head at this point in his career.

Comment

• DUShock
        DUShock commented
        Editing a comment
        I do hope that Pelfrey is speaking regularly with BK for mentorship.

Originally posted by Linus View Post
      Quit blaming the pitching. This is a good staff and the staff did just as good as the #10 TT staff. In game #1 we allowed 13 hits they allowed 10 hits, #2 it was 16 and 14 and #3 13 and 11 the difference is we can't get the runners around. Yes we give up free passes and except for game #1 the number of passes for each team in games 2 and 3 were a delta of 2 with TT having more BB in game #3. When we start off a inning with a triple and then the next 3 batters strike out that's a major problem. In the dugout the pitchers see this and it causes the pitchers to go out each inning trying to do it all themselves. We don't have the bull pen yet so we have to win the game in the early innings and that is done with getting runners on and hitting them around. OBTW in game #1 the pitcher Snavely struck out 8 of the 26 batters he faced. That's 30% by himself.
      Am I in the Twilight Zone? By your rationale, it's our offenses' fault for getting swept because they couldn't outscore Texas Tech. As a life long baseball fan, I've always been under the impression that you win with pitching, not by relying on your offense to put up 10 plus runs a game just to stay close. The heck with giving up 42 hits in three games. Who cares the pitchers walked 23 batters and it's no big deal we gave up 42 earned runs. It's not only the bullpen that has opportunities, you forget that two of our starters gave up 8 and 9 earned runs respectively.

I tell you what, I'll chalk this weekend's performance as an anomaly and will jump on your bandwagon. Despite the fact that we currently have a team ERA of 7.21 and only one pitcher out of fifteen that has seen action this year, has an ERA below 4.50. We're a quarter into the season so I hope you're right.

Comment

Quit blaming the pitching. This is a good staff and the staff did just as good as the #10 TT staff
        You are trolling right? Nobody could really believe this. It would require a lot of kool aid to believe this.

Comment

LMFAO. Lay off the sauce son.

This take was so bad that Doc and DTSB couldn’t even like it.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
          X