No announcement yet.

Creighton Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you win three in a row it’s called a win streak. It has happened before.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Get the bat off your shoulder you damned BJ wimp. Swing the bat if you want to win. #Loser

Comment

I guess that is what you call doing it the hard way. But the Shocks got 'er done. Always good to beat Creighton. Now let's make a sweep and the guys can enjoy some hot cocoa.

Comment

Creighton left 15 runners on base lol. I think it's safe to say they lost it more than we won it but I digress.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Lots still not to like. Too many strike outs (9) and not enough walks (2). Mostly clean in the field but still 2 errors on a wild pick throw and a wild throw after a dropped strike out.

Cu left FIFTEEN. Timely pitching? Maybe, CU can really hit. Our pitching did walk 6 but struck out 12. Not bad against a team hitting about .350 and scoring 10+ a game.

Cu will win a lot of games this season and give St Johns all they want for the league title. Sweeping the doubleheader probably would get back one of the mistakes last weekend.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
              1972Shocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, not sure the Shocks will be able to overcome the scenario in this game very often. But perhaps that will just be this team's M.O. Still a good win.

Nice game for Hunter Gibson going 3-4 and both he and Ross Cadena had 3 RBI. Luke continues to hit. Much different than the terrible start he had to last season.

Strong start by Preston Snavely striking out the side and setting Creighton down in order for the 1st time today.

Comment

Shocks miss a good opportunity in the bottom of the 1st. A Katzfey walk followed by Boyer getting hit by a pitch put runners on 1st and 2nd with not outs. Ritter hit a one hopper to the pitcher who got the force at 3rd. Paxton Wallace then hit into an ending inning 5-4-3 double play.

Comment

Snavely faced the minimum again in the 2nd. He did give up a 2-out walk but that was erased when Noah Croft threw out the CU runner attempting to steal 2nd.

Comment

Scoreless through 4. Both teams have been pretty quiet.

Comment

Creighton puts runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out in the top of the 5th but Snavely gets a strikeout and a ground out to escape unscathed. 2 more RISP stranded by Creighton.

Very nice work by Snavely to get out of that jam.

I'll be out-of-pocket for the rest of the game. Good luck Shocks.

Comment

Here we go ...
                      Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I can enjoy my weekend now. I love beating those turds from Omaha.

Comment

• Shocker85
                          Shocker85 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes. Creighton - YOU SUCK!!!

Shockers come back to win 4-3. Liam Eddy POG in relief.

Comment

Idiotic baseball. CU ends the game on CS. What?

Comment

The Shocks will take all the help they can get. Always fun to beat Creighton. Double the pleasure, double the fun today

Comment

Working...
                            X