Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Decision to retain Todd Butler for a 6th year: Vote with your wallet Shocker fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    Well, back when Sexton was AD and everyone was calling for his head because of the baseball situation, I said, and was roundly scoffed at and chastised for noting that the hire wasn't Sexton's but Boatright's. Now, as he should have been, Sexton was held to account for the performance of the program, but nothing was or is going to change without a change in leadership within the athletic department. And I am not calling for Boatright's head, just stating an opinion. This being said, I will support all of our programs, including baseball.

I am hopeful that next season will see the team return to the NCAAs. Each season grants us new hope.

Go Shocks!
    I "hope" you're right...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
        C0|dB|00ded commented
        Editing a comment
        ***** Kunkel... lol

"Crowd noise" huh? Yeah... vote with your wallets Shocker fans.

T

...:cool:

“Wont make a statement”

Theres that strong leadership. What a puss.

Obviously they must be feeling some pressure if they confirm he’s coming back but can’t even make a statement about it. They were just hoping everything would just blow over no big deal.

Wow, what an athletic director. Couldn’t even spin up a statement to make themselves feel justified in the decision. He’d rather just ignore it and say nothing.

What a low major JOKE.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I haven't gone to a game since they fired Gene and I definitely won't be starting next year.

This school is more worried about giving out a few bucks to a lame duck coach instead of actually winning games and it's something I never thought I'd see with the baseball program.

Just imagine if HCGM left and this is what was happening to the basketball program. There'd be a city wide riot.

Comment

Kunkel thinks it shows strong support? Any incoming recruit is going to see that this cat has 2 years on his contract, and his Shocker coaching career has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, so why would they bother to play for Butler? Especially when things are looking even worse with all the talent we've got heading out. I appreciate DB and all that he has done for our school but I just don't see how they see this as the way to go forward.

Comment

• WuDrWu
            WuDrWu commented
            Editing a comment
            You missed the new contract apparently.

• Walker
            Walker commented
            Editing a comment
            New contract?

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Kunkel thinks it shows strong support? Any incoming recruit is going to see that this cat has 2 years on his contract, and his Shocker coaching career has one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, so why would they bother to play for Butler? Especially when things are looking even worse with all the talent we've got heading out. I appreciate DB and all that he has done for our school but I just don't see how they see this as the way to go forward.
          Exactly why they can’t even make a statement about it. They can’t even defend/justify their own actions.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It's a mistake I'm two parts... The fact that he had to make a statement about Butler returning and then not making a statement to defend it... He was better off just not saying anything at all..honest to gawd

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ummm so why is there so much crowd noise?

Comment

Working...
              X