Shocks Host Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Host Cincy

Time for the Shocks to paint or get off the ladder. Cincy (22-20, 8-7) are in town for games on Friday at 6:00 pm, Saturday at 2:00 pm and Sunday at 10:30 AM!!!. One thing about the AAC it makes for some unusual game scheduling at times. Shocks should set up a breakfeast buffet table for Sunday's game.

In a stunning development, and this is hard to beleive, but it looks like we will have great baseball weather this weekend. High Temps in the high 70's to mid 80's with sunny to mostly sunny skies and mild winds in the 8 to 13 mph range. Holy suncreeen Batman!

Shocker Series Notes

Pitching rotation has not been announced yet but since the Shocks did not have a mid-week game this week all hands should be available although with 2 mid-week home games next week they will have to plan around that a bit. But if they don't do well this weekend then those mid-week games may no mean much. Mostly likely Codi Heuer will go on Friday and Tyler Davis on Saturday. Whether or not they will stick with Liam Eddy on Sunday might be uncertain as Liam has struggled in recent outings. However, with everybody available and the importance of these games I assume they won't have a real long leash for any of these guys.

I would really like to take in a coupe of these games but my schedule and the Shocker's schedule could not clash anymore if I tried. Maybe I can make some adjustments.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 3, 2018, 02:14 PM.

I'd love to see Eddy drop out of the rotation until he works things out. He may have hit a freshman wall. In any case, teams have been getting to him early and often, and especially when you're 5-10 in conference play you can't be spotting opponents that many runs (much less games).

Comment

This is probably the series WSU has to sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        This is probably the series WSU has to sweep.
        If we could sweep Cincy and also Memphis, both far from a sure thing, then the Shocks could afford to lose 2 of 3 to USF and still finish at 0.500 in the AAC. Hopefully, that would earn them an at-large bid.

According to the Eagle article Heuer will go in Game 1 and Tyler Davis in Game 2. Game 3 looks like TBD.

WSU's Codi Heuer (5-4, 4.66 ERA) will go up against Cincinnati's JT Perez (5-3, 2.52) in Friday's opener at 6 p.m., while Tyler Davis (1-0, 2.91) will face Nathan Kroger (1-2, 4.45) in Saturday's 2 p.m. game, and the series finale will be Sunday at 10:30 a.m.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. Get to .500 in AAC play and you're in. Doesn't matter which 7 of the 9 you win. With that said, sweeps have been rare this year in conference play. You'll have to pull off at least 1. Good luck this weekend.

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          You're exactly right Husky. Rare for anybody to sweep, certainly doesn't look good for WSU. I'd say we're 50/50 to make a regional at this point.

Is UConn still within hosting distance?

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          Borderline host right now. Unless we win the conference I have a feeling we'll get pushed out of hosting in favor of an SEC team.

Why is Sunday's game so dang early? Davie and Goliath is still on.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          Why is Sunday's game so dang early? Davie and Goliath is still on.
          BooCats need to catch a flight outta here.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
            UCONN_Husky commented
            Editing a comment
            That is weird considering they've already finished the semester. Scaredy BooCats!

Shocker charity comes in to play again. I'm all for being a bunch of nice guys just not in the middle of the games.

Comment

Once again, the Shox are embarrassing themselves.

This is getting ****in' old.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd say it's 1000 times worse than Ollie. At least Ollie has a national title on his resume (with his recruits or not.)

Our fearless leader hasn't even made an NCAA Tournament.

• Shocker85
              Shocker85 commented
              Editing a comment
              I firmly believe the problems begin and end with how this team is coached. It is far worse than it looks in the box score.

• UCONN_Husky
              UCONN_Husky commented
              Editing a comment
              That's very true, although both have done serious damage to their respective National Championship programs.

Can't wait for the resident spinsters to chime in on this one.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Downtown Shocker Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              Damn you think about me a lot.

Sorry, couldnt watch tonight. Watching Pelicans basketball.

Keep me informed everytime we **** up, and say nothing when we do well.

Thanks!!

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm, I don't recall calling anyone out by name.

Triggered? I guess you know what you are but you still can't help it.

Seriously, that's all you got? What a weakling. Just like the Cajun Boy himself.

I'm not crazy about the knack Heuer has developed for loading the bases mostly on his own wildness, but experience seems to suggest that nothing good happens when they follow that by bringing in Killgore. Maybe let Heuer try to work out of trouble himself, at least for another hitter or two?

Killgore is turning into a mid-inning arsonist (although his defense is all too quick to provide the matches).

Comment

• Shocker85
              Shocker85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Plus, when you let Heuer load the bases and then bring in relief you're leaving zero margin for error by the reliever. That said, the pitcher has to grow a pair and pitch through the CF error.

Circus antics. This team has mailed it in.

Let's extend Butler another 5.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Ok, this is an all-time collapse with the best team Butler has had. Looking on the bright side this collapse might be the best thing for the program because I was terrified we would give Butler a long extension if we made the tournament this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Circus antics. This team has mailed it in.

Let's extend Butler another 5.
                It does look like this team has quit on Butler.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It does look like this team has quit on Butler.
                  This isn't on the players.
                  Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

It's rarely on the players. #FireButler

Comment

Working...
                    X