Shocks Host Cincy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My record this year is 1-0. Beautiful day today
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Mike Kennedy said it wasn't official yet but he thought that Preston Snavely might get the start in Game 3 for the Shocks. Having your weekend rotation in flux this late in the season absent any key injuries is certainly not the best situation.
      True, '72 -- It's much better to know what you have and who you can count on. But there's also something to be said for knowing who you CAN'T count on, if you have the adaptability to use that information and act accordingly.

Comment

• Linus
        Linus commented
        Editing a comment
        What you just said made us all dumber

lol, 3 "official" errors. 3 of the 5 Cincinnati runs scored are unearned.

Cannot win an AAC series, even at home, if their lives depended on it.

6-12 is where we stand; AAC tourney or bust to make a regional.

In year FIVE.

Defend that. Spin that. **** that.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I had to mute the sound of the ShockerHD announcers (Dennis & Gerig) because they have diarrhea of the mouth and are saying absolutely nothing. Stick to play by play and stop the criticism of our players!! Bad MOJO has become their mantra.

Comment

Also, nice to see syndicated Rush Limbaugh take precedence over WSU baseball. Can't even get audio on goshockers.com. Guess they saw it coming.

So has Mike Kennedy been talking to himself with this disaster the whole day? About par for the course.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Linus View Post
            I had to mute the sound of the ShockerHD announcers (Dennis & Gerig) because they have diarrhea of the mouth and are saying absolutely nothing. Stick to play by play and stop the criticism of our players!! Bad MOJO has become their mantra.
            Excuse me? I don't pay for ShockerHD, but what the **** do you want them to say during this disaster? Way to keep the errors under 5 this game guys! But ultimately, Butler is the responsible party here that should be taking the majority of the backlash. I would hope they are offering ol' Cajun Boy up on a silver platter as well.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Linus
              Linus commented
              Editing a comment
              I do pay a lot for it. They have the choice to say nothing when it comes to OUR players. It gets really annoying to hear the same criticism of the players mistakes OVER AND OVER. Especially when they are talking about 3-4 innings ago. Enough!

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Well it would probably help if the same mistakes don't occur over, and over, and over again.

But again, that is a sign of bad coaching as well.

Was Troutwine injured or did the coaches really replace one of our only 3 hits when he was due up in the bottom of the 9th? Granted it looks like worse of a call after the catcher's interference, passed ball, and SO by Croft in the bottom of the 9th, but that is just head-scratching.

Comment

Stick a fork in 'em. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, today was my last game this season.

I was tricked into thinking a Butler coached team had turned the corner. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Over and out.
              Last edited by Shocker85; May 6, 2018, 10:41 PM.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Went to my 1st Shocker game if this season today. The weather could not have been better for a baseball game. Not a whole lot to get excited about for Shocker fans after Alec Bohm's 1st inning homer. Dayton Dugas did make a heckuva running catch in right center in the 5th. Other than that the game was a bit of a grind for the Shocks. Not sure I can remember a game where there were so few ground balls by a Shocker opponent cosnidering Coach Steele says he emphasizes pitching down in the zone. Probably a good thing there wasn't the usual 20 mph southerly win or Cincy may have had several more home runs. I will have to give some credit to the Cincy pitchers. They were very good.

I managed to make it into the top of the 9th and had to leave when my eyes started bleeding. I guess that 9th didn't really make a lot of difference since the Shocks went down meekly in the bottom of the inning but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth and probably most of the Shocker fans that were in attendance.

I enjoyed a lot of the music between innings but thought the walkup music selected by the players sucked. I attribute that mostly to my advanced years.

Will I be back out to the park this year? Probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by shockfan89_ View Post
                  Was Troutwine injured or did the coaches really replace one of our only 3 hits when he was due up in the bottom of the 9th? Granted it looks like worse of a call after the catcher's interference, passed ball, and SO by Croft in the bottom of the 9th, but that is just head-scratching.
                  I think the home plate umpire may have booted Troutwine after he whiffed on a few fastballs one of which staggered the ump. BTW, I thought the home plate ump did a pretty good job. Maybe missed a called 3rd strike on a full count with Dayton Dugas at bat but overall seemed pretty solid.

Comment

• shockfan89_
                    shockfan89_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks 1972. That makes much more sense!

• 1972Shocker
                    1972Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was mostly joking, sort of? The ump definitely was staggered on one of those wihiffs. But not sure replacing Troutwine with Croft was of any real consequence.

Googins>Butler

Comment

Scott Googins was complimentary of the environment today

Comment

Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
                      Scott Googins was complimentary of the environment today

https://twitter.com/BearcatsTV/statu...18068242419713
                      I was at the game. I must have missed the tough environment part.

Comment

• Shocker85
                        Shocker85 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        The"crowd" seemed asleep most of the game; the offense is just impotent which makes it hard for the fans to get into the game. Even when Bohm was up with two runners on late there was no yelling, clapping or anything.

The pitching the last few games I've seen in person has been decent, for the most part. You can't expect perfection and the defense let's them down too much.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I was at the game. I must have missed the tough environment part.
                      If you look at attendance numbers for other AAC schools, even mediocre turnout by WSU fans is still much greater than at AAC schools.

just imagine what he would have thought of 1998 crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If you look at attendance numbers for other AAC schools, even mediocre turnout by WSU fans is still much greater than at AAC schools.

just imagine what he would have thought of 1998 crowd.
                        You want to see shoddy attendance look at most schools in the north.

AAC baseball crowds are like most in college baseball (most likely due to the volume of games) where there are ebbs n flows and the crowds come for the biggest games

The AAC has some really nice venues.

To many college baseball programs have a sandlot.

Comment

Working...
                        X