No announcement yet.

WSU @ Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No mention of last night's game on the Eagle's website this morning. Not even a staff write-up.

Really?

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
      UCONN_Husky commented
      Editing a comment
      They're getting ready for this weekend's World Series vs UCONN.

• Wuzee
      Wuzee commented
      Editing a comment
      We should treat it like the WS. The Chilly Dogs are highest remaining RPI team on our schedule (21), and the series winner gets a much firmer footing in the league race. Wish the weather wasn't going to suck -- but it should be OK-ish Friday, at least. They might want to go for a DH and take Saturday off.

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

I hope you did it.
    *Hanging my head* I did not.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Play Angry
        Play Angry commented
        Editing a comment
        Very classy interview by Holliday after a really tough loss.

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        Is he the son/nephew etc of the old coach? And was it the old coach on the color commentating last night? Dude was INTO it late, wanting Bohm tossed in the 9th for looking at the ump. I'm not a big fan of a lot of yapping, but I do like when a great rival like OSU and WSU get after it, it always or almost always matters, and there is some contention. It's good competition, and it makes you better (at least I think it does). And it's been on us to get back to that level for awhile. As Rick Vaughn opined in Major League 2....."It's good to BE back."

• wushock27
        wushock27 commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe it is his son, and his brother is Matt Holliday, who played for the St. Louis Cardinals...

• We just don't really know what to do with ourselves. So conflicted, outside of a few borderline irrational optimists from the past few years.

What's not conflicting is seeing WSU baseball looking more like its old self. Brings back a lot of good memories. Growing up as an 80's and 90's kid playing and watching baseball, and not doing either in basketball, I was actually a WSU baseball fan long before Turgeon turned me on to basketball (in general, not just WSU) during my years as a WSU student. Have a real soft spot for ol' Mean Gene, even with all of his failings, so the Butler train has been a hard one to get on, but I'm getting there.

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        No doubt. Watching the 9th inning rally, the swagger, the atmosphere, brought back a ton of memories of great games over the years from grade school through young adult. And it's fun and I will continue to enjoy whatever this team can give.

• "Glad I kept listening to that game last night."
      "If there was a game tonight, I would go."

Things Cdizzle hasn't said in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
        Have a real soft spot for ol' Mean Gene, even with all of his failings, so the Butler train has been a hard one to get on, but I'm getting there.
        The Butler train has been difficult to get behind even for those who may not have had a soft spot for Gene. There just has not been much success. While Todd Butler deserves to be criticized for his own failings he certainly doesn't deserve any blame for Gene being dismissed or the way Gene was dismissed.

I pretty much thought all along that forcing Brent on Todd Butler was not a good idea but that's in the past and who knows what effect that had.

I think MIke Kennedy said that both Gene and Brent were in attendance in Stillwater last night. Not sure if they traveled down with the team or not. But if Gene can put the past beihind him and move forward (which seems to be happening) then I think even his most loyal supporters should be able ot do the same. After all one thing that remains the same is that this is still the program that Gene built from the ground up and seeing it doing well is sure a hell of a lot more fun than watching it struggle. Hopefully it continues through this season and beyond.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 11, 2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X