#18 Wichita State @ Central Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

You are always happy with a win. OTOH, a game like this doesn't exactly build confidence for this weekend's series. But hopefully Cody and LIam will be on their games and keep the Shocks in the first two games then we will just have to piece together Game 3 as best we can. Tommy Barnhouse with the start in that game 3 perhaps?
    Not trying to pick a fight, but I disagree. Nothing pitching did today leaves me any angst about Thursday or Friday for sure. Sunday? I guess that's a maybe, but isn't everyone nervous about Sunday? Cody and Liam had nothing to do about today and are a combined 9-0 so far. I agree we walked too many, but we're not going to see Preston likely in a tight spot, Clayton has been good in 13 of 15 outings (I think), certainly don't need Tyler hurt with the 27 limit, Kilgore was ok and Sanburn was nails.

Team ERA is 3.24 and struck out 9 today showing good swing and miss stuff still with mostly the back end of the road staff. We do seem to be banged up a bit...did Dugas make the trip?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Fair enough.

• We won an awful lot of ugly, exciting games back in the good old days too. Gotta enjoy the wins as much as you can, especially after the last decade (and especially after the last few seasons).

This season's been a total blast so far. No idea if we can keep it up, and I've certainly voiced a strong preference for regime change in the past, but nothing would make me happier than for these guys to keep the train rolling and prove me 100% dead wrong. I'll be happy to be at the front of the line and proclaim myself an imbecile if it works out that way.

Steele and Esposito are doing some really impressive stuff to date and I am thrilled for these players. This weekend will be tough - probably our most difficult series of the year on paper. Hopefully we can perform well.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Right there with you. This team needs the challenge that ECU will provide. Let's see how good they really are. Top 20 team on the road.

Most everyone thinks OSU is either 1 or 2 in the country. They've played a terrible schedule. Yes, they're 20-2 and have a bunch of blowout wins. But they're 5-0 in 1 run games (WSU is 4-2) and 3-1 in 2 run games (1-1 for WSU)....so pretty much the same number of close games and perhaps a little lucky to be 5-0? Their 2 wins against Nebraska not much different than ours (combined 19-4 vs 15-4) and they've lost to a Washington team that lost 3-4 to Illinois State, swept a Cal team (a 1 run and 2 run win) that lost to Cincy and was 2-1 against CSF (9-12 CSF) who Houston handled MUCH easier in their 3 game set. I'm not saying we're Oregon State by any stretch....but this team might be pretty good. It's time to find out. Go Shocks!
      Last edited by WuDrWu; March 27, 2018, 06:41 PM.
Working...
X