#18 Wichita State @ Central Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #18 Wichita State @ Central Arkansas

Game time moved up to 1 PM to try to dodge the raindrops. Per the Game Notes on GoShockers.com, WSU will trot out Preston Snavely (1-1, 4.66) for the start (a little surprising since Alex Segal got the nod last Tuesday against OU - hopefully there are no health issues in play), and he will face Gavin Stone for the Bears (RHP, 1-1, 2.38).

UCA hits well (.282, same as WSU) for less power (12 HR vs. 26 for WSU) and has solid pitching (3.80 ERA vs. 3.13 ERA). They are 15-9 (7-2) so far this year with an RPI of 126.

Should be a good test for our guys ahead of the trip to Greeneville. Go Shocks!

ECU fan here... we are excited about this series.

I looked at the schedule was surprised you guys scheduled a road midweek this week ahead a road Thursday weekend start. Quite a long ride to Little Rock then to head to Greenville afterward. Does your baseball team charter flights? Thats a helluva lot of bus time.

Comment

• Linus
      Linus commented
      Editing a comment
      Leadership from both the players and especially the coaching staff is a must on the road. Who's going to step up and keep the team focused and on track?

Originally posted by redfishinpirate View Post
    ECU fan here... we are excited about this series.

I looked at the schedule was surprised you guys scheduled a road midweek this week ahead a road Thursday weekend start. Quite a long ride to Little Rock then to head to Greenville afterward. Does your baseball team charter flights? Thats a helluva lot of bus time.
    We do now.

Comment

I'd say you guys are probably the only ones in our league doing that.

I know the SEC teams do it but, not even the ACC teams in NC are giving that much cash to baseball.

Comment

Drove to Little Rock yesterday. Will fly out of Little Rock tomorrow, but commercial, not charter. Little Rock to Raleigh I presume?

I too am looking forward to the series. I hope it's competitive. While I believe these guys are better, and the pitching is a lot better, we don't have the 1st round ace that much of the conference seems to have and I'm still not sure these guys are ready for prime time, something most of the rest of the conference has been immersed in the last few years. A poor showing could do some real damage to a group of kids that have not had a lot of success the last 3 years.

Comment

Thursday should be a lot of fun. Its supposed to be 83 degrees and sunny. The wind is going to blow out to right pretty good.

I think this series will prove to be a marquee victory for who ever can find a way to win 2. It appears to be 2 very similar teams... strong pitching, defense, and middle of the order

Comment

Maybe should have tried starting the game at 11 instead. Looks like it could be a gullywasher by 1st pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Maybe should have tried starting the game at 11 instead. Looks like it could be a gullywasher by 1st pitch.
              Yep that's a nasty line of red on the radar. Getting 5 in is going to be tough.

Comment

According to Mike Kennedy's twitter account, 1st pitch moved up to 12:45 so should be starting in about 10 minutes. I suspect the ump is going to not allow much in the way of glove adjustments at the dish. Pitch and catch and a liberal strike zone will likely be the deal today. Be ready to hit a pitch anywhere near your area. Go Shocks!

Comment

Is anyone having trouble getting the audio from Goshockers.com?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice260 View Post
                    Yep. Not working on IE, Firefox or on mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice260 View Post
                      Yes. I am not getting it either. KNSS radio just mentioned they would be joining he game in progress at 2:00 pm. Not sure if that impacts the internet stream or not.

Comment

Looks like Preston did a nice job wiggling out of a jam in the first.

Single, K, single (runners at 1st and 3rd), pop up to 2nd, K.

0-0 to the 2nd.

Comment

Preston had great stuff in the fall when I watched, but it just hasn't carried forward to the spring, at least not yet.

Comment

Gametracker indicates we had a pretty snazzy twin killing to escape the 2nd. The ol' ground ball shortstop to catcher to 3B to 2B double play.

Still 0-0 to the 3rd. Preston living dangerously but staying on the right side of the law so far.

Comment

Working...
                            X