No announcement yet.

Shocks Host the UTA Mavericks for 3-Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocks get an infield single, bunt sacrifice and a Jenista single to manufacture a run and make it 3-1 going to the 8th.

Eddy with 7 full innings, 4Ks, no walks, 2 soft singles and a bloop double, no earned. 4th great outing for the freshman.

Sanburn will try to save it for him.

Comment

Chandler has a live fastball today, 95-97. Quick 1 2 3 inning with a couple of sparkling plays in the field.

3-1 bottom 8.

Comment

Barnhouse works a quick 1 2 3 ninth and it's a 5-1 final.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Barnhouse works a quick 1 2 3 ninth and it's a 5-1 final.
          Now turn your full attention to the basketball game

Comment

Freshman Liam Eddy continues to impress. 2 more solid innings from the bullpen. The Shocker offense did just enough late to give the bullpen a little room for error if needed.

I see Trey Vickers did not play today. Not sure what the story is there? Hopefully just a little soreness but no reaggravation of the hamstring. Anyone hear anything on Trey?

Comment

Sorry urrbody, but 11-2 feels pretty damn good. I don’t give two hammered dookies about the RPI. Just win, baby. Also, I’ve had many beers.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Another nice win for the good guys today. Any word on tomorrow's starter?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                  WuDrWu commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nothing that I've heard, but I won't be surprised to see Preston Snavely. He had a great fall and if he's continued to progress, he should be one of our regular starters. Personally, I'd love to see Segal, but I don't think he's ready yet.

Here is a video repaly of the UTA Game 1

Comment

Sticking with Conner Lungwitz as the Sunday starter. Seems like every game you feel better and better, overall, about the pitching.

Comment

Trey Vickers and Jacob Katzfey both out with hamstring issues.

Comment

Absolutely DYNAMITE stop by Ritter deep in the infield and throws out the first batter of the game.

Next guy gets it just over Boyer's glove for a hit. Not a stellar start for Conner. Needs to toughen up and get out of this inning. As cold as it is I suspect runs today will be at a premium.

Comment

A foul out followed by a rare Boyer error at short made it 1st and 2nd with 2 out. Lungwitz enticed Olson to fly out to Jenista and we go to the bottom of the 1st, no score.

The wind will be tough to deal with today. Both fly outs were borderline adventures.

Comment

A one out walk to Jenista is followed by a room service 4-6-3 twin killing served up by Bohm. No score after 1.

Comment

Connor works around a lead off single in 10 pitches and we're on to the bottom of the 2nd, still no score.

Comment

After O'Brien flied out, Ritter reached on an error, Dugas single to right and Gibson singled to left. Sammy waved Ritter in and a good throw beat him but the catcher couldn't hang on. 1-0 Shocks still batting.

Katzfey unavailable today with a strain and they're being protective with Vickers who was a little sore yesterday. The fact that it's cold today had some weight on that decision according to Shane.

A strikeout by Troutwine and kind of a lucky stab by the UTA pitcher on a hard hit ball by Boyer ends the threat. 1-0 Shocks top 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X