• Shocks lose 10-9 after 10.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Just one of those days.

Comment

• Topped the day off with a turd.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I feel bad for those fans who attended the basketball game then went to watch the baseball team drop a huge stinky turd.

Comment

• And Nebraska is not a good team. By far their best win of the year. Again, we have proven we can beat fair to bad teams, the good news is the AAC appears to be down quite a bit this year. Even the MVC is ranked higher right now...

Comment

• Meh. Team is not going to go very far with a closer who gives up "bombs" every time he comes in and pitches. I'm not sold on this team.

Comment

• For me, this season's start is a positive and although we all acknowledge the same weakness as in the past, I am hopeful that they are improved over last season. I always begin each season with hopeful optimism and recognize that reality may set in. The next 3 weeks will indicate any improvement over previous teams.

Go Shocks!
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• shockfan89_
                    shockfan89_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I agree with you that there are more positives this year than I have seen the past three years. The problem is this is year 5, if this was year 2 or 3, I would have tons of optimism.

Offensively we look better, Bohm has been UNBELIEVABLE but we will need a few other hitters to be more consistent as we have been living off the big inning for the majority of the wins. That's great to have, but probably won't happen with near the consistency when we face better competition.

The other concern is almost everyone contributing offensively is a Senior, Redshirt Junior, or Junior (82% of ABs at this point). There are a couple Sophomores in the mix but this is a very veteran team meaning the next few years will be a struggle offensively to replace what we will lose. It appears we are benefiting from one great recruiting class that has started since they were Freshmen (which is great), but that doesn't really build a consistent winner over time.
                    Last edited by shockfan89_; March 5, 2018, 07:41 AM.

• Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
                  I feel bad for those fans who attended the basketball game then went to watch the baseball team drop a huge stinky turd.
                  tumblr_layzipFhGq1qdoxxuo1_1280.jpg

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Nebraska was a tournament team last year and returned most of their lineup. Besides their closer the bullpen was pretty awful. most upper 80's. Our hitters unlike last weekend showed how they should what they are capable of doing this weekend. Bohm only had 3 hits this weekend( 3 homers/9 rbis... )but thats besides the point lol. Id say the rest of the lineup hit pretty well. O'Brien stroked the ball all over the yard and they were fun to watch this weekend in my opinion. Who do they go with at DH this weekend??

Comment

• shockfan89_
                      shockfan89_ commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Nebraska was a tournament team last year but they went 0-2 losing to Yale and Holy Cross. They also lost 3 of their top 5 hitters that accounted for 36% of their HRs and over 30% of their RBIs. They hit .281 as a team last year and this year have started off only hitting .229. Their pitching staff has really struggled. They had a 3.73 staff ERA a year ago and are sitting at 5.25 so far this year.

NU's wins this year are UC Riverside (4-7) RPI 186, 2 over Washington State (2-6) RPI 187, 2 over Utah (0-10) RPI 281, and one over WSU.

So far Bohm has been as good as advertised!!!!
                      Last edited by shockfan89_; March 5, 2018, 10:51 AM.

• 1972Shocker
                      1972Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Also not sure which guys are hurt but Shane Dennis noted more than once over the weekend that Nebaska had been hurt significantly by injuries to their pitching staff.

• They must’ve done something right. Shockers coming in at #22 on the Collegiate Baseball Poll, and also received votes for top 25 in every major National Poll.

Comment

• Also received 44 votes in the USA Today Coaches Poll. The highest from non ranked teams

Comment

• I think that just proves that these pollsters literally don't pay attention to anything, not even box scores, but simply look at records and go accordingly.

College baseball polls are some of the most meaningless out there and this kinda proves it.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here is Alec's grand slam from Sunday's game. He didn't quite get all of this one. Another instance where he had to pull his arms in and contact was down on the bat a little bit off the sweet spot. But guess what? It counted exactly the same as his two tape measure grand slams.

Comment

• Here is a replay of Game 1 of the Nebraska series if anyone is interested:

Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 8, 2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X