What is "Acceptable" now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
    With the WSU AD's silence, I guess 7th place finishes and never making the ncaa's is the new acceptable.
    The silence better be short-lived.

If Boatright is back on his porch right now, sipping on pina colodas, and acting like he's a huge big shot without a care in the world, then we know what we have on our hands.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

AT LARGE BIDS:

Georgia, Duke, Troy
      Texas, Indiana, Texas A&M
      North Carolina, Purdue, Houston
      Clemson, Vanderbilt
      Oregon State, LSU
      UCONN, Washington
      Arkansas, Dallas Baptist
      Florida, Jacksonville, Florida Atlantic
      South Carolina, Ohio St
      Texas Tech, Louisville
      UCLA
      Tennessee Tech
      North Carolina St, Auburn, Northeastern
      Mississippi St, Oklahoma
      South Florida, Oklahoma St
      Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; May 28, 2018, 08:54 PM. Reason: Bad copy/pasting

Comment

• AndShock
        AndShock commented
        Editing a comment
        Now who wants to figure out which of these are coached by someone who makes less money than Todd Butler and/or which programs have a lower budget than WSU.

WSU < Troy, Purdue, Dallas Baptist, Ohio State, Tennessee Tech, Northeastern

We could never compete with those baseball powerhouses and invest as much money as those guys do.

Btw, East Carolina won the AAC tourney; South Florida got an at-large.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Watch Wichita State retain Butler for next year, and Butler pulls a regional out of his a$$ in the final year of his contract, forcing WSU to extend him, only for Butler to lead our program to 5 more years of sub-.500 conference records.

Comment

Ohio State play in a stadium that was built new in 1997 and pays its coach almost $500k.

Purdue plays in a stadium that was built in 2012, but does only pay its coach $223k. (Expecting a renegotiation when he gets better job offers after the tournament).

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Ohio State play in a stadium that was built new in 1997 and pays its coach almost $500k.

Purdue plays in a stadium that was built in 2012, but does only pay its coach $223k. (Expecting a renegotiation when he gets better job offers after the tournament).

So is it your assertion that WSU fan's expectations for baseball going forward should be winning about as many games as they're losing over a 5 year stretch and making a regional about once every 10 years?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Downtown Shocker Brown
              Downtown Shocker Brown commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep making **** up, then act as if it is truth to justify your position.

You made up a list of programs that were “sarcastically” better than us. I showed you were making **** up. So you make more **** up, and then try to make me defend it.

Such a joke.

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok, dumbass, what was the initial point of your previous two posts in here then? Or will you deflect away with that too?

What exactly did you prove? That Ohio State has a better baseball program than Wichita State? What about Northeastern? Troy? Where are you mind-numbing zingers for those ones?

• Kung Wu
              Kung Wu commented
              Editing a comment
              ShockerFever ... stop with the name calling.

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            So they play in a 21 year old stadium? Wasn't ours renovations completed in 2001? Not sure the relevance there. How many whopping fans do they average out there?

Their baseball tradition doesn't stack up to ours.

So that was 1 team out of the ones I mentioned that you tried to dispute, but ended up in a draw anyways?

What exactly are you trying to prove?
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Stetson and Coastal Carolina and hosting regionals . . . yea, they have a lot of P5 $$ coming their way, and a lot of tradition etc.

Comment

Coastal Carolina won the National Championship 2 years ago. To any young baseball player they are relevant, infinitely more so than WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  Coastal Carolina won the National Championship 2 years ago. To any young baseball player they are relevant, infinitely more so than WSU.
                  They've hosted 3 regionals and 1 super regional previous to their National Championship. How come they were able to do that?

How come a school like Coastal Carolina is able to win a National Championship in this day and age?

Again, it seems like everybody's trying to make excuses to justify WSU not going to regionals anymore. I just don't get it.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

. . . umm, that is kind of the point. So why do we want to continue that? And what was the impact in increasing revenue and importance to all of the area P5 schools, which is a lot more than are near WSU, have on their success or decline?

Comment

I'm serious. Only your opinion matters, although I'd like it if you could defend it just a bit. What should WSU do, this year, in your opinion for you to be satisfied as a fan? What demands a change? I look forward to the responses and I'll start with my own.
                      What do you think is acceptable?

Comment

$$$$$$ He will be back $$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They've hosted 3 regionals and 1 super regional previous to their National Championship. How come they were able to do that?

How come a school like Coastal Carolina is able to win a National Championship in this day and age?

Again, it seems like everybody's trying to make excuses to justify WSU not going to regionals anymore. I just don't get it.
                          You still don’t get it. No one is making excuses for why we can’t get there, I am just calling BS on your made facts showing that we should already be there.

We are BEHIND. Not beyond salvaging. We need to finish Phase 5. We need to update more of the Eck. We need a full team of coaches recruiting hard and heavy. We need an entire staff bought into being here. We need fans attending games. We can be relevant again. We are not right now, and there is plenty of blame to go around for that.

ShockerFever
                          But it starts with you. You calling the ticket office and putting your card on file for when the change happpens. Not just saying you will do it on a message board. Put up your support and get others to do the same. Quantify the support to justify the change.

Then call your boss. Get them to donate to the cause. We complain about the corporate seats, but in the end it is mostly they who build the things.

And stop calling out the programs that have done all the above. Stepped up thier game. They and thier fans deserve respect.

We are not a Top 50 program right now, regardless of who our coach is. Kids we are recruiting have most likely never seen us play on a Super. We have two likely 1st round draft picks, and very few fans took thier kids to see them play.

Wait, yes. Blame HCTB. Yes. He was responsible for his part of putting a top level team together and didnt come through. Blame the fans. They were responsible for thier part and didnt come through. Blame the boosters/sponsors. They havent come all the way through either. The good news is we are in better shape now than we were 5 years ago.

But I am not satisfied. Are you? Obviously not, so what are you willing to do to push us forward?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Not everyone, but there are some (perhaps one). Not only did they drink the koolaid of fADES but they made it for the whole damn bunch of defeatists and continue to manufacture it with a heavy splash of mediocrity.

Of course if the Butler is fired, they’ll take credit and insinuate some inside connection, all the while stirring up a batch of refreshments while sitting on the knee of a ventriloquist played by ADDB.

Comment

Working...
                            X