No announcement yet.

Action Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'What he said' is an unfortunate but true statement.

If I were Brent I don't think I would stand too close to Gene or he'll get thrown in the same killed a program category. Right now Brent can stand alone on his own merit.

Ways to improve the rpi? You have got to be kidding me. Tell me this is a joke. When I hear rpi I hear desperate basketball fans begging to get into March Madness.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
        Interesting article in this mornings Eagle. Looks like Gene and Brent are trying to figure out ways to improve the rpi:

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/03/187...th-system.html
        These guys are clueless clowns. Having a good RPI is about scheduling the best schedule you can get, and then going out and execute and winning the games.

WSU problem wasn't playing and beating Top 50 - they were 6-4. Their problem was against top 50-200 competition they were 19-22. The system didn't get them, they screwed themselves.

CU put together a decent RPI by not playing great competition, but by beating people they should have beaten. They were 1-0 versus Top 50. But versuss 50-200 competition they were 34-12.

If WSU excecuted in a simliar manner they are 50-15 and this conversation is mute and WSU is hosting a Regional this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
          Originally posted by shox1989
          Interesting article in this mornings Eagle. Looks like Gene and Brent are trying to figure out ways to improve the rpi:

http://www.kansas.com/2011/06/03/187...th-system.html
          These guys are clueless clowns. Having a good RPI is about scheduling the best schedule you can get, and then going out and execute and winning the games.

WSU problem wasn't playing and beating Top 50 - they were 6-4. Their problem was against top 50-200 competition they were 19-22. The system didn't get them, they screwed themselves.

CU put together a decent RPI by not playing great competition, but by beating people they should have beaten. They were 1-0 versus Top 50. But versuss 50-200 competition they were 34-12.

If WSU excecuted in a simliar manner they are 50-15 and this conversation is mute and WSU is hosting a Regional this weekend.
          Excellent points.

I would like to add:

The scheduling the last few years certainly seems to have been 'watered down', competition-wise, because after all - the only important goal of this team appears to be: to accumulate as many 'cheap' wins as possible in Gene's pursuit of Augie, and RPI-be-damned.

So, we pay for that brilliant policy with a less-competitive (softer) team, that can't even dominate in the Valley, and NO POST-SEASON. Great job guys - you're not fooling either your competition or the selection committee, obviously.

So, can we stop the pretending that we don't know how this RPI stuff works?

Or should we just continue to be 'mystified' by all the seemingly insurmountable obstacles working against the poor, over-matched Shocker program?

Pathetic excuse-making has taken the place of coaching and leadership in this program. Hey, but it still pays well.
          although the best things in life are free, upgrades are usually available

Comment

The problem wasn't the strength of our schedule. We played 11 games against the rpi top 50 winning 7 of them. We played 31 games against the rpi top 100 and we played no sub-division 1 or naia games (many years we play up to 4 and in the old days played up to 40 naia and sub division 1 games).

The problem is that we didn't win the "easy " games that we should have. We went 10-10 against the teams ranked 101 to 200. If we can go 7-4 against the top 50, we should have gone something like 17-3 or 18-2 against the 101-200 teams.

We win those games we are in easily.

Comment

Working...
            X