Shocks vs Tulane, game 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two words - JT sucks.

We need some new blood in our coaching ranks.

Comment

• Starting pitching rotations are hardly set in stone at this point.

Let's see later, much later, who are the 1,2,3 starters and who are the 4,5,6 starters.

Once again KC makes conclusions on less than complete info. But what's new?

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
        Starting pitching rotations are hardly set in stone at this point.

Let's see later, much later, who are the 1,2,3 starters and who are the 4,5,6 starters.

Once again KC makes conclusions on less than complete info. But what's new?
        Hey Einstein, I doubt you will find anyone on this board arguing against the fact that Kelley, Lowell and Smith are our top three starters. If they are not, then who is? I'd say for us, these three are golden.

Once again, you're the one who is jumping to conclusions. I did not make any conclusions as to who the Tulane starters were, I based it off two sources. First, the stat sheet on Tulane's board and the local news reports. If you choose to follow the link, the reporter states that LeBlanc, Broach and Byo were Tulane STARTERS who were unavailable for the series due to injuries.

"The result left Tulane Coach Rick Jones disturbed. Jones began the week worrying about his pitching, after three starters — Randy LeBlanc, Robby Broach and Alex Byo — went out with injuries. By Saturday evening, he was sweating his hitters."

Before the series started LeBlanc had thrown 15.2 innings (2.87 ERA), Byo 15.1 innings (0.59 ERA) and Broach 11 innings (1.64 ERA). The pitchers that Tulane started against us due to these guys being injured were McKenzie who had 8 innings, Flynn had 18 and Zizinia had 7 innings coming into the series. You tell me who were the first 3 and then the next 3?

I didn't just state my opinion, I just went off these sources which pretty much shows who were Tulane's first three and who were 4 through 6 at the time we faced them. Go ahead Spin Doctor and say what you want that prevents you from being embarrassed, but its hard to argue at the time this series was played who Tulane's starters were and who were not.

It's funny, you get on may case for spewing facts that are available to any fan, yet you fail to look at the facts when you start pointing fingers at me. Throwing stones there sir?

Comment

• 3 one run games with one of them going 11 innings, you can't get much closer than that.

Time to look forward to the Arizona games on Tuesday and Wednesday in Wichita.

I hope we have some nice weather and some big crowds.

Comment

• Re-read my 12 word post.

Yes, those are today's 1,2,3 starters.

Let's see who the starters are at the end of the season.

Regardless, they were obvioulsy good pitchers.

And it was a good series with two good teams.

The season isn't over as much as you'd like to believe.

Comment

• No, the season is by no means over, but the Shocks had a great opportunity to polish up the resume this weekend and came up just short.

Seems like this is the "Year of Missed Opportunities" for Shocker athletics.

Still a number of good opportunities left though. Hopefully, the trend will change.

:goshocks:

Comment

• Great series between 2 evenly matched teams and Tulane is a GREAT place to hang out and watch baseball. Their audio/video drops during the game are great. The city of New Orleans is awesome and I vote to move next year's series from Wichita back down there. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

Working...
                X