Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    First of all, this topic should probably be in the "Around the NCAA forum."

I do not like KU. I want bad things to happen to KU's basketball program. The arrogance of KU fans bothers me. The arrogance of the program bothers me. I get a little bit of joy every time something bad happens to their program. KU is a currently great basketball program, and it almost always has been. Wichita State is a currently great basketball program, also with some history, but admittedly not the kind KU has had. We only stand to benefit if KU's program suffers. We're two good programs in the same geographic area. And that's not to mention any of the past experiences that specifically leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    I think you would like what Larry Bird said once about winning, "Winning is great but the best part is knowing that over there in that other locker room those guys are suffering."

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
      But we lost to a team that they beat at there place with a 8 man rotation.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
        Did he say this? I am not trying to fight or argue, would just like to know. I mess up all the time so I would like to see where I messed up. Did he post this somewhere, that he really wanted to go to a more famous basketball program?
        If you follow his story, his actions pretty much tell the story. He left WKU and asked for his release. He then visited LSU and KU. Found out that he would be ineligible for the year if he chose to transfer from WKU. Then he announced that he was going to skip school completely and prepare for the draft. Then it would seem that somebody finally gave him some good advice that it would be better for him to dominate CUSA as freshman at WKU then sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by Topshock View Post
          3. Go play in Europe for a year.
          Yes you are correct, he does have a 3rd option.

Comment

But we lost to a team that they beat at there place with a 8 man rotation. I'd rather worry about this team and our current guard situation and who steps up this year and of course our big man depth, focus on the shocks guys/gals.New conference, new goals
            Are you referring to the Wildcat team that lost at home to UCLA too? And beat the Spartans by 21, and therefore should have beat WSU by 30 or so? And?
            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 30, 2017, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Stop it, the beat UCLA in the tourney too, pretty easily. My point is if you want to compare and contrast with blue bloods to make you think your team is that caliber or up there with them far as talent or coaching then by all means go ahead,but if you're a realist and recognize there are many areas we can improve to become better...we aren't Kansas, UK, UCLA, UNC, MSU, or even Duke. Take it one game at a time, trust your coach and root for your team. An for the record most fanbases have arrogant an cocky fans, that's just sports period. Let's not act like we don't know Shocker fans that aren't because I do.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Stop it, the beat UCLA in the tourney too, pretty easily. My point is if you want to compare and contrast with blue bloods to make you think your team is that caliber or up there with them far as talent or coaching then by all means go ahead,but if you're a realist and recognize there are many areas we can improve to become better...we aren't Kansas, UK, UCLA, UNC, MSU, or even Duke. Take it one game at a time, trust your coach and root for your team. An for the record most fanbases have arrogant an cocky fans, that's just sports period. Let's not act like we don't know Shocker fans that aren't because I do.
                  Thanks for the insight Voltaire. As is the case when dealing with Chicken fans, the argument gets kind of muddied. I'm talking about the "here & now!" You kinda were too (I think)? So I thank you for bringing in some data that corroborates my assertion. At least you saw where I was going with that.

If you go to the media thread you will see the Lindys College Preview has Wichita State ranked ahead of Duke, UK, UCLA, and yes, even the Chickens! That's my point and I'm sticking to it.

#ChokingChickens

Comment

Working...
                  X