Mitchell Robinson back to WKU.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchell Robinson back to WKU.

Just saw that Mitchell Robinson (5 star 7 footer) decided to head back to WKU, instead of transferring. KU was one of his transfer choices (one was LSU, don't remember the other).

For the ugly birds this must burn a little, snubbed for a "directional School."

I wonder if he'll still have to sit out this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Fairgame View Post
      Just saw that Mitchell Robinson (5 star 7 footer) decided to head back to WKU, instead of transferring. KU was one of his transfer choices (one was LSU, don't remember the other).

For the ugly birds this must burn a little, snubbed for a "directional School."
      This doesn't really belong here, but KU fan's probably don't care, he was never suiting up for KU. The ONLY place he can play is WKU.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
        This doesn't really belong here, but KU fan's probably don't care, he was never suiting up for KU. The ONLY place he can play is WKU.
        Could not disagree with you more. When a 5 star player picks a non-"blue blood" program, over the ugly birds, it sticks in their craw. Just check out all the crap they said about Jarrett Allen when he chose Texas over KU.

Comment

His God father was on the coaching staff an that's why he choose them the first time

Comment

Could not disagree with you more. When a 5 star player picks a non-"blue blood" program, over the ugly birds, it sticks in their craw. Just check out all the crap they said about Jarrett Allen when he chose Texas over KU.
            If he had his choice he would have went to a "blue blood", but he made a mistake in enrolling at WKU and attending practices. That left Robinson with two choices:

1. Set out the year waiting for the draft
            2. Go back to WKU to be able to play (assuming the NCAA finds him academically eligible).

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              If he had his choice he would have went to a "blue blood", but he made a mistake in enrolling at WKU and attending practices. That left Robinson with two choices:

2. Go back to WKU to be able to play (assuming the NCAA finds him academically eligible).
              3. Go play in Europe for a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Did he say this? I am not trying to fight or argue, would just like to know. I mess up all the time so I would like to see where I messed up. Did he post this somewhere, that he really wanted to go to a more famous basketball program?

Comment

Really does it? Cause their forum and primary blog don't seem to care. The blog doesn't even discuss it other than one of their link round ups. Also why the hell do we give a damn about KU? Why does this post exist, why does everything have to refer to them? I certainly don't care.

Comment

Really does it? Cause their forum and primary blog don't seem to care. The blog doesn't even discuss it other than one of their link round ups. Also why the hell do we give a damn about KU? Why does this post exist, why does everything have to refer to them? I certainly don't care.
                    First of all, this topic should probably be in the "Around the NCAA forum."

Second of all, I feel like there's been a lot more folks around here saying "why do we even care about KU" lately. And I totally admit that they don't need to be brought up in every thread.... but...

I do not like KU. I want bad things to happen to KU's basketball program. The arrogance of KU fans bothers me. The arrogance of the program bothers me. I get a little bit of joy every time something bad happens to their program. KU is a currently great basketball program, and it almost always has been. Wichita State is a currently great basketball program, also with some history, but admittedly not the kind KU has had. We only stand to benefit if KU's program suffers. We're two good programs in the same geographic area. And that's not to mention any of the past experiences that specifically leave a bad taste in my mouth.

In summary, there have been too many "what about KU?" posts lately, but there have also been too many "WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ABOUT KU?" posts. I have absolutely no problem with someone posting that KU lost out on a 5-star recruit (in the right forum, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                      First of all, this topic should probably be in the "Around the NCAA forum."

Second of all, I feel like there's been a lot more folks around here saying "why do we even care about KU" lately. And I totally admit that they don't need to be brought up in every thread.... but...

I do not like KU. I want bad things to happen to KU's basketball program. The arrogance of KU fans bothers me. The arrogance of the program bothers me. I get a little bit of joy every time something bad happens to their program. KU is a currently great basketball program, and it almost always has been. Wichita State is a currently great basketball program, also with some history, but admittedly not the kind KU has had. We only stand to benefit if KU's program suffers. We're two good programs in the same geographic area. And that's not to mention any of the past experiences that specifically leave a bad taste in my mouth.

In summary, there have been too many "what about KU?" posts lately, but there have also been too many "WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE ABOUT KU?" posts. I have absolutely no problem with someone posting that KU lost out on a 5-star recruit (in the right forum, of course).
                      I get why they are relevant, and why we have a passing interest. I think far too often though it devolves into KU SUX CUZ REASONS. There are times/reasons to talk smack on KU, this is not one, and most of the time this board picks the wrong times/reasons. Tomorrow if Mitchell Robinson said, "I've changed my mind again, I'm going to Wichita State", my response would be to shrug and move on with my life because he's never suiting up to play college basketball for anyone but WKU, and honestly probably not even them.

Comment

I get why they are relevant, and why we have a passing interest. I think far too often though it devolves into KU SUX CUZ REASONS. There are times/reasons to talk smack on KU, this is not one, and most of the time this board picks the wrong times/reasons. Tomorrow if Mitchell Robinson said, "I've changed my mind again, I'm going to Wichita State", my response would be to shrug and move on with my life because he's never suiting up to play college basketball for anyone but WKU, and honestly probably not even them.
                        The thing is... KU does suck cuz reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          The thing is... KU does suck cuz reasons.
                          Touche. Now I will say the Mitchell Robinson situation does interest me for other reasons, I think his and the Hamidou Diallo situation are emblematic of the issues with the current NBA draft rules that need to change. We now have athletes coming out of high school who are realizing they aren't hurting their draft status by basically taking the year off for low risk practice, rather than playing with higher risk in G-League, Europe or college. If the NBA doesn't change I wouldn't be surprised to see some high level academy stepping in for the top 15 players for them to train/prepare with low risk.

Comment

The fact that I'm gleefully returning the favor now, with interest, sure isn't due to insecurity because I think they're the better team. Au contrair mon frere, it's because we're the better team!! I loved watching them ***** at each other during the Duck beatdown. It was a sheer hardwood symphony!

#ChokingChickens
                            Last edited by ShockingButTrue; August 30, 2017, 10:06 AM.

Comment

But we lost to a team that they beat at there place with a 8 man rotation. I'd rather worry about this team and our current guard situation and who steps up this year and of course our big man depth, focus on the shocks guys/gals.New conference, new goals

Comment

Working...
                              X