No announcement yet.

Wonder if Shaka Smart regrets leaving VCU yet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaka is going to fizzle at Texas and get let go by the end of year 3 and the whole spectacle is going to go a long way toward Marshall never being interested in that program. Marshall made the right choice, staying where he is. Shaka made the wrong choice. He was loved at VCU. He is struggling at Texas. The huge problem with places like Texas is the fans and program believe they can recruit 5 star players just like Kentucky and KU, so they don't believe in the whole idea of "taking a few years to build something." They believe they are elites and the right coach can win in year one or two because of the one and done mentality. You don't get the amount of time a guy like Paul Lusk gets. They don't want take 4 years to produce a crop of seniors. They want 5 star NBA level players who win immediately and they want you to recruit to reload every year. If you don't make it happen immediately, they move on. That's my impression of Texas, and I think their fans are very tired of losing in general, whether it be football or basketball or whatever.

Comment

Texass should be improved next season. Due to some Rick Barnes recruited players not panning-out, Smart has a young team this year of almost all underclassmen with only two seniors and no juniors. Smart is also bringing in the 8th ranked (ESPN) recruiting class next season.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
      X