Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh
    replied
    With the news that came out today, I can think of two great ideas.

1) 16-year old girls are not allowed in men's dorms unless accompanied by a parent.
    2) Monkeys are not allowed on campus unless they are being studied in a class.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Mattress Girl recieved a courageous woman of the year award this June, and her doodle depicting the rape and a doodle of her nude accuser, both drawn on a New York Times article about the incident, were displayed at a campus art exhibit.

The accussed is suing the school for institutionalize harassment.

Wow that girl is bonkers. She also made a video reenactment of her "rape" as well. I hope that guy gets a little retribution because that girl and university have made his life hell and have made it hard for him to get employment much less go out in public.

Leave a comment:

• wufan
    replied
    Originally posted by Walker View Post
    That is pretty odd, and weird how close to the time period of when one of their guys was accused of pushing his girl down some stairs and then later vindicated.

There's a purge going on at college campuses where they are willing to ruin a young man's life before any investigation or facts come to light i.e. Duke Lacrosse, University of Virginia rape hoax, Mattress Girl rape hoax at NYU, etc. and Lawrence is infested with kind of nonsense (sorry not trying get political, but I think it's relevant to the discussion), so you hope they get the facts straight first before the media take off with a narrative but this story certainly is odd. If no players were involved, you think they would explicitly say no players were suspected of wrong doing if it were the case in order to not cast suspicions.
    Mattress Girl recieved a courageous woman of the year award this June, and her doodle depicting the rape and a doodle of her nude accuser, both drawn on a New York Times article about the incident, were displayed at a campus art exhibit.

The accussed is suing the school for institutionalize harassment.

Leave a comment:

• Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Just not enough facts have been reported to come to any conclusions at this point. But there are a couple of oddities.

The KU Pulblic Safety Office did not post this incident to their Crime Log until several weeks after it was reported to them.

When the Kansas City Star requested a copy of the police report on Wednesday morning (this morning??) they were told by a police employee the report was not available and could not be released to the public because some changes had to be made. The Star received the report a few hours later.

This incident happened over 5 weeks ago. Why isn't there more information available?

KU basketball players may be totally innocent but this kind of stuff makes it very difficult not to be suspicious.
    That is pretty odd, and weird how close to the time period of when one of their guys was accused of pushing his girl down some stairs and then later vindicated.

There's a purge going on at college campuses where they are willing to ruin a young man's life before any investigation or facts come to light i.e. Duke Lacrosse, University of Virginia rape hoax, Mattress Girl rape hoax at NYU, etc. and Lawrence is infested with kind of nonsense (sorry not trying get political, but I think it's relevant to the discussion), so you hope they get the facts straight first before the media take off with a narrative but this story certainly is odd. If no players were involved, you think they would explicitly say no players were suspected of wrong doing if it were the case in order to not cast suspicions.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Just not enough facts have been reported to come to any conclusions at this point. But there are a couple of oddities.

The KU Pulblic Safety Office did not post this incident to their Crime Log until several weeks after it was reported to them.

When the Kansas City Star requested a copy of the police report on Wednesday morning (this morning??) they were told by a police employee the report was not available and could not be released to the public because some changes had to be made. The Star received the report a few hours later.

This incident happened over 5 weeks ago. Why isn't there more information available?

KU basketball players may be totally innocent but this kind of stuff makes it very difficult not to be suspicious.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    There is one thing that seems consistent whenever any of the blue blood programs have crimes reported. The police always interview someone in the athletic department. There have been numerous times when that interview influences the rest of the investigation and has not worked out well for the person reporting the alleged criminal activity.

Leave a comment:

• DUShock
    replied
    Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    I even feel into the trap briefly myself, Dan -- what does this have to do with WSU Men's Basketball (as opposed to Around the NCAA)?

Any comments from the moderators?
    I have been out of pocket traveling for work and moved the thread to Around the NCAA.

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Bill Self is a master of disguises.
    Or Dan Muller is.

Leave a comment:

• WSUwatcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Surprised this hasn't been posted yet:

Alleged rape on campus, possible basketball player(s) involvement...
    I even feel into the trap briefly myself, Dan -- what does this have to do with WSU Men's Basketball (as opposed to Around the NCAA)?

Any comments from the moderators?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerPrez
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    ...or is he? Has anyone ever seen them both in the same room?
    Bill Self is a master of disguises.

Leave a comment:

• jdshock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    So in order to both keep your team together under one roof and to be completely fair to all "normal" athletes, you have to build an apartment complex that houses 20,000 students?
    That's absolutely not what I said. I'm saying that I wonder if there is a point at which the living quarters for the athletes becomes so over the top that it's considered an unfair benefit.

Like you said, "at some point the NCAA just has to set a line, and live with it." I can't imagine that line is just "all housing that's 50% athletes and 50% non-athletes is good to go." In that world, you could have the most luxurious living quarters in the world with private chefs/etc., so long as there were 15 non-athletes living in it. Maybe that is the line, but it seems counter-intuitive to me.

I also am just saying that I think it would be interesting to see if the case went anywhere. I've had several people tell me that it's clearly in the rules, and maybe a court would decide that too. Each post I've tried to make it clear that I'm just wondering if anyone has sued over these issues.

Leave a comment:

• sdshox
    replied
    Kansas City Star article with more facts:

Leave a comment:

• ShockdaWorld
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You'd think so. Bill Self certainly is no Dan Muller.

...or is he? Has anyone ever seen them both in the same room?

Leave a comment:

• molly jabali
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    You'd think so. Bill Self certainly is no Dan Muller.

made me laugh!

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by jdshock View Post
    I'm saying a plaintiff should make two arguments: (1) sex discrimination -- the apartment is only for males and it is a benefit that female athletes cannot access and (2) this is living accommodations that are not available to other students. The argument is that the basketball players living accommodation is 100% in that apartment and a normal student's living accommodation is 1/20,000% chance to be in that apartment. The 100% chance to live in the apartment is an unfair benefit given to an athlete because the "equivalent" benefit for a normal student is 1/20,000% chance.

I know that they have built it to comply with the rules, but that doesn't mean it would win a court case. That's why I'm interested to see if it actually has been litigated.
    So in order to both keep your team together under one roof and to be completely fair to all "normal" athletes, you have to build an apartment complex that houses 20,000 students?

Isn't it unfair that the basketball player is 100% guaranteed a spot on the basketball team, and the "normal" student has a 0% chance? Also the basketball team player has a 100% chance of riding on the team bus and getting free airline tickets, and normal students have a 1/10,000 % chance (only if they are a team manager). Is that fair? What about the free meals allocated to basketball team players while they travel? Normal students never get those. How about the free shoes and other gear that are part often part of the benefits of being on a D1 team? Normal students don't get that stuff.

At some point the NCAA just has to set a line, and live with it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X