No announcement yet.

Bo Ryan steps down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That may be the way it works some places. A good AD has the balls to make the best hire, regardless of influences. If he has to pay the piper 3 years later, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      That may be the way it works some places. A good AD has the balls to make the best hire, regardless of influences. If he has to pay the piper 3 years later, so be it.
      And a good AD with balls will end up unemployed at most P5 schools (including Wisconsin) if he/she starts standing up to the alums. Don't forget, if you pi$$ them off, they take there checkbook and go home. No sports improvements.

That's why I laugh so hard when people criticized Sexton for his countenance. Sexton was actually a pretty good AD. He managed to keep people happy most of the time.

Lastly, I don't know about you, but I really, really like my check. It brings me money. Money buys things. Would you make a stand that you knew might get you fired? Not unless your company was doing something illegal or immoral, I'd think. And you probably wouldn't say anything until you got to your next job, especially in a place like Wichita, where a lot of people know each other and it's really easy to make a couple of phone calls and find anything out you want.

Comment

If you are good at your job, you will find work, and be compensated. Period.

Some people would rather be a puppet for a check than realize their own worth and be confident enough in it to do what they should. Do not assume that I belong with the former, whatever your own experience might be.

Comment

Working...
        X