Other Valley Exhibitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a going on here?

IMHO, playing your senior studs 30+ minutes against a DIII team for a 30 point beat down is asinine. I hold Marty Simmons to a higher standard. Maybe I shouldn't. When we play them I want to crush them now, on behalf of Wabash. REVENGE WABASH BOYS!! But seriously, that's low rent.
    Does Marty realize exhibition games don't count in padding Balentine's stat sheets?

What a joke.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Evidently Evansville has absolutely no depth. That could be a problem with the way they play D and the way fouls are going to be called this year.
      The weird thing is that I think they do have depth. For whatever reason, Marty won't play them. They have a 7 foot transfer from Nebraska eligible and Wiley at the 4. Neither got much run. Even the next coming of DJ Colt 45 got less than 15 minutes. I don't understand.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        Does Marty realize exhibition games don't count in padding Balentine's stat sheets?

What a joke.
        Right. It doesn't make sense. All I can think of is that Marty must have a little pee wee and is trying to compensate.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a going on here?

IMHO, playing your senior studs 30+ minutes against a DIII team for a 30 point beat down is asinine. I hold Marty Simmons to a higher standard. Maybe I shouldn't. When we play them I want to crush them now, on behalf of Wabash. REVENGE WABASH BOYS!! But seriously, that's low rent.
          Too hard the Aces did try
          A story that's hogwash
          Gather round the rally cry
          Vengeance for Wabash!
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Agreed!! Evansville, by far, made the most blatant waste of an exhibition game. Made no sense.

On the other hand, Bradley used the exhibition game to its fullest benefit. Very young team with a lot of new players got to be evaluated by the coach. No way anyone could criticize that final score.
            I really do think Wardle is going to have success at Bradley. He gets it.

Looks like Evansville wasn't the only program to excessively play its starters, but that is beyond reproach for Simmons.

And thanks for the great summary of exhibition action.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

One of the UE guards (Gibson) is injured, so I can understand a little bump in minutes from what you might expect. But 33 minutes for Balentine and 27 for Mock, in a 30pt exhibition blowout, perfectly summarizes everything about UE basketball. It is a one-system, stat-whoring, shallow team. Evansville doesn't get very many opportunities to build depth, and when they do, Simmons completely ignores them and lets his shooter du jour get shots. What's funny is how much he and the fans don't get it. They might have the talent to beat WSU in one game. It could happen. But playing like this, they will never even stay close in an 18-game league race.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                One of the UE guards (Gibson) is injured, so I can understand a little bump in minutes from what you might expect. But 33 minutes for Balentine and 27 for Mock, in a 30pt exhibition blowout, perfectly summarizes everything about UE basketball. It is a one-system, stat-whoring, shallow team. Evansville doesn't get very many opportunities to build depth, and when they do, Simmons completely ignores them and lets his shooter du jour get shots. What's funny is how much he and the fans don't get it. They might have the talent to beat WSU in one game. It could happen. But playing like this, they will never even stay close in an 18-game league race.
                I agree except about the fans not getting it. I have a friend in Evansville that has been a season ticket holder for 20+years. She told me at the end of last season that she as well as several groups around her would be giving up their 4-6 row,half-court seats until Marty was no longer the coach of the Aces.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

SIU vs. Maryville is on ESPN3. SIU went up 18-0 before Maryville got on the board. SIU looks Ok. Newcomers Fletcher and Straidneks (sp) look decent. But the competition leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Working...
                  X