Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Valley Exhibitions

ISU playing Southern Indiana right now.

Good game, tied at 37 late in the first half. Teddy in street clothes.

ISU closes the half on a 14-4 run to take a 44-38 lead at the break.

DAP with 17-4 and Lee with 10 lead the way. Redbirds struggling from the line (6-13) and from 3 (2-11).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      ISU closes the half on a 14-4 run to take a 44-38 lead at the break.

DAP with 17-4 and Lee with 10 lead the way. Redbirds struggling from the line (6-13) and from 3 (2-11).
      Is it on? Not finding it on ESPN3
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Is it on? Not finding it on ESPN3
        Bahahahahaha
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Reminds me. I need to start a new Games of Pinterest thread.

Comment

Hawkins was serving a 1 game suspension from his little episode in Spain last summer, when he was sent home in the middle of the trip. Nice penalty. We're not going to play you in the exhibition game.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              Hawkins was serving a 1 game suspension from his little episode in Spain last summer, when he was sent home in the middle of the trip. Nice penalty. We're not going to play you in the exhibition game.
              When you're a D1 head coach, sometimes you have to really send a stern message.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Loyola 75, Lewis 65. Lewis is DII and was 22-9 last year making the NCAA tourney. Doyle had 21 points and played 28 minutes. Loyola's 5 starters plus 1 all had 22-28 minutes.

IN St beat DePauw (DIII not to be confused with DePaul) 91-71. Khristian Smith scored 21, played 27 minutes, Clemons played 28.

MSU over William Jewel (DII) 88-62. Minutes and scoring well spread around. Camyn Boone had 19 points in 20 minutes of action.

Drake 95, McKendree 78. McKendree moved from NAIA to DII in 2013. Starting 5 played 19-28 minutes with Abrahamson scoring 22.

Evansville rolled over Wabash College (DIII) 95-65. Ballentine played 33 minutes, scoring 20, Mochevicius 27 minutes 11 points. EU had 6 players 20-33 minutes.

UNI beats Truman State (DII) 70-50. 5 players 21-28 minutes, Bohannon 15 points in 27 minutes.

Bradley won the first of their exhibition games 78-42 over Edgewood College (DIII). They started 5 freshmen from 5 different countries with only 3 players 23-27 minutes, no one scoring more than 10 points and playing 16 players, 10 playing 10 minutes or more and all played at least 4 minutes.

Ill St beat Southern Indiana (DII) 88-81. Akoon-Purcell scored 25 in 22 minutes of action. The rest of the scoring and minutes were well spread out. Hawkins sat out due to his actions over sea. Big Deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Dan has a win-at-all-costs mentality that has resulted in NIT berths. You can see the ceiling for Illinois State.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Loyola 75, Lewis 65. Lewis is DII and was 22-9 last year making the NCAA tourney. Doyle had 21 points and played 28 minutes. Loyola's 5 starters plus 1 all had 22-28 minutes.

IN St beat DePauw (DIII not to be confused with DePaul) 91-71. Khristian Smith scored 21, played 27 minutes, Clemons played 28.

MSU over William Jewel (DII) 88-62. Minutes and scoring well spread around. Camyn Boone had 19 points in 20 minutes of action.

Drake 95, McKendree 78. McKendree moved from NAIA to DII in 2013. Starting 5 played 19-28 minutes with Abrahamson scoring 22.

Evansville rolled over Wabash College (DIII) 95-65. Ballentine played 33 minutes, scoring 20, Mochevicius 27 minutes 11 points. EU had 6 players 20-33 minutes.

UNI beats Truman State (DII) 70-50. 5 players 21-28 minutes, Bohannon 15 points in 27 minutes.

Bradley won the first of their exhibition games 78-42 over Edgewood College (DIII). They started 5 freshmen from 5 different countries with only 3 players 23-27 minutes, no one scoring more than 10 points and playing 16 players, 10 playing 10 minutes or more and all played at least 4 minutes.

Ill St beat Southern Indiana (DII) 88-81. Akoon-Purcell scored 25 in 22 minutes of action. The rest of the scoring and minutes were well spread out. Hawkins sat out due to his actions over sea. Big Deal.
                    Thanks for the recap! For comparison:

WSU hammered D-II Hawaii-Pacific 92-58. Anton Grady lead the scoring with 13 points in 10 minutes. All-American Fred VanVleet sat out while nursing a hamstring injury. 14 players played 8 or more minutes, two players played between 20 and 24 minutes.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      What in the wide, wide, world of sports is a going on here?

IMHO, playing your senior studs 30+ minutes against a DIII team for a 30 point beat down is asinine. I hold Marty Simmons to a higher standard. Maybe I shouldn't. When we play them I want to crush them now, on behalf of Wabash. REVENGE WABASH BOYS!! But seriously, that's low rent.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Evidently Evansville has absolutely no depth. That could be a problem with the way they play D and the way fouls are going to be called this year.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

IMHO, playing your senior studs 30+ minutes against a DIII team for a 30 point beat down is asinine. I hold Marty Simmons to a higher standard. Maybe I shouldn't. When we play them I want to crush them now, on behalf of Wabash. REVENGE WABASH BOYS!! But seriously, that's low rent.
                          Agreed!! Evansville, by far, made the most blatant waste of an exhibition game. Made no sense.

On the other hand, Bradley used the exhibition game to its fullest benefit. Very young team with a lot of new players got to be evaluated by the coach. No way anyone could criticize that final score.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'm pretty sure you can't hold Marty Simmons...........not without help.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I just love hearing Slim Pickens say it!

And while we're at it.....

Comment

Working...
                              X